Hello?

Sorry to send a test message, but the latest post I've received in this group was dated Friday 24th March at 7.23pm and I'm wondering if my ISP has quietly dropped Usenet.

Reply to
Bert Coules

I see 36 messages since Graham's treadmill post (plus however many my filters have weeded out).

Reply to
Andy Burns

I use NIN for most groups including this one, you seem to be a BT/plusnet customer using their outsourced giganews server, I do subscribe to a couple of groups using that server and saw posts up until about midnight there, none so far today, but that's not so unusual.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Andy, thanks for that. Yes, I'm with Plusnet but have always found their Usenet service to reliable. Maybe it's just a temporary glitch: certainly, my own post and your two replies came though pretty much immediately.

Reply to
Bert Coules

Goodbye?

Bert Coules wrote

Yes it has, and you too.

Reply to
Hankat

If you get news via giganews or other outside system, they really cannot stop you as surely an address of a server is an address of a server to you isp, it should not care what its for.

More likely there is a problem with the feed somewhere down the stream. It is true that there are fewer news servers that we are allowed to use than there used to be when every university and government agency had one and isps provided them. Virgin still do but I don't think many people actually care if its working or not as I think its outsourced to somebody else. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Brian, thanks for that. Whatever it was, everything seems to be up and running now.

Reply to
Bert Coules