Active auto repair groups?

Anyone know of any active auto repair groups?

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

alt.autos.subaru

There are GM, Ford, Hyundai groups but I don'r know af any general repair groups if that is what you want., though there may be.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

"Stormin' Norman" wrote

| Anyone know of any active auto repair groups?

I don't know if this helps, but there's a lot on Youtube. I do much of my own work on minor things. So far I haven't failed to find a video with instructions. Toyota Tacoma exhaust sensor and gas fume recirculation box have been two things. Another was instructions on how to dismantle a Nissan Frontier dashboard. I don't think I've failed to find a video yet.

Reply to
Mayayana

Yep. What make ?

Reply to
hubops

Claire is the best person to ask. These have been great for me....

alt.autos alt.autos.ford alt.autos.gm alt.autos.mitsubishi alt.autos.... whatever

For electrical problems, these have been best...

sci.electronics.repair alt.binaries.schematics.electronic alt.binaries.schematics.electronics

One of the best for general mechanical advice, not specialized....

rec.crafts.metalworking

Reply to
Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney

Thanks, that is a valuable list.

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

Depends what kind of car, and what info you want.

Reply to
clare

Huh? I thought the OP passed away?

Reply to
mkolber1

Norman is not Mormon (as far as I know).

Reply to
bob_villa

I thought the same thing at first, but then I realized that the OP for this topic was "Stormin' Norman", not "Stormin Mormon" -- two different posters.

The person who died was Christopher A. Young -- a.k.a. Stormin Mormon; not the OP of this thread, "Stormin' Norman".

Reply to
TomR

Sorry to be introducing confusion to the group. I have been known by this nickname for many years in real life and have used the nym on Usenet for quite some time.

I was not acquainted with "Stormin Mormon". Maybe I should modify my nym for this group; I will consider doing that if I continue to hang around.

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

Not a problem -- at least not for me. I do remember your posts here in the past using the same "Stormin' Norman" name. I had just forgotten that for a moment when I first saw your post, and then I realized that it was you and not Stormin Mormon.

Personally, I don't think you need to change anything.

Reply to
TomR

Given that he passed away rather recently, that would be appreciated.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Thanks!

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

Not sure what the death of another person has to do with the subject at hand, but I will consider it as I said.

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

On 09/30/2016 10:29 AM, Stormin' Norman wrote: ...

Has absolutely nothing to do with anything else, of course.

If somebody else mistakes it, that's their problem, not yours. I personally had him blocked but that's still another issue.

Reply to
dpb

Seems I have inadvertently stumbled into an unmarked Usenet minefield. My ancient USMC SERE training taught me to slowly and carefully back out of such situations, retracing my footsteps exactly. There was a prayer component involved as well, but that didn't apply to me.

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

It has nothing to do with it and there is no need to change your nym.

Chris died. Does that mean that anyone named Kris or Chris has to change their name? Stormin' Norman Stormin Mormon. If it did, we would have had confusion a long time ago.

Oh yeah...and most of us can read too.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

On 09/30/2016 10:43 AM, Stormin' Norman wrote: ...

He wasn't _that_ bad; just somewhat annoying and low-info-enough to not bother with monitoring. Not that there aren't a lot that were/are _much_ worse on both counts...but the other filters work pretty quickly on the real uglies.

I'd not worry about it if were you and decide to hang around...

Reply to
dpb