hello I am new to this board

Hello, I am new to this board, I am at present growing allsorts, peppers, tomatoes, herbs, broccoli, sprouts, courgettes radishes, carrots broad beans, peas, I have been vegie growing now for three years and just love it. I look forward to chatting with other green fingered friends moo

Reply to
pottymoo

Welcome. But this isn't really a "board" or "forum" or "chat room".

Gardenbanter is simply a gateway to the Usenet...and often not what one expects from boards or forums or chatrooms.

Good luck and good growing. Beware the turbulence of the Usenet.

Charlie

"So give me a turbulent world as opposed to a quiet world and I'll take the turbulent one." --- Andy Grove

Reply to
Charlie

Never heard it called _that_ before. :-)

Reply to
phorbin

:-)

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction into a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day." -- Calvin discovers the Usenet

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

"No progress without contraries"

William Blake

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Heh heh....then there has been great progress round here.

Charlie

"Truth springs from argument amongst friends."

---- David Hume

Reply to
Charlie

Hi there. Besides lurking a bit last year I am new here, too. I am in zone 5 and at the moment have tomatoes, peppers (all sorts), broccoli, swiss chard, various peas and beans, onions, various squash, various cukes, spinach, carrots, beets, radishes, lettuce, herbs.... I am surely forgetting something. Anyway, I have the garden set up with an electric fence and have most things outside already (hoping we're past the last frost). I started everything from seed except asparagus, horseradish and various berries. Am hoping for a water garden for watercress and a few other things like that. I look forward to my crop, which I am going to try very hard to keep organic if I can! I'm also doing a lot with flowers this year.

Reply to
Poe

Hi. I'm new here also.

My name is Steven, from San Diego, California.

I am at present growing tomatoes also.

Nice to meet you!

Reply to
stevenyoung19