New Website

Well, I finally put up a web site that has a number of pictures from the shop and some of my projects. Check out and let me know what you think. This is not a fancy page with lots of scripts or other stuff, just a few pictures and some descriptions.

Thanks for looking.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Anyone who has room to store a boat in the shop has ENTIRELY too much room ... you suck!

Nice shop, great work! Love the hall cabinet ... very well done.

Reply to
Swingman

Cherry entry table is just perfect. Nice work. Always have loved the look of orange shellac on pine. Good choice.

Hate your shop...

...because it's not in _my_ backyard. OTOH, your shop is bigger than my entire back yard. ;>

Michael who outta be moving tools into his roomy 12X16 shop in a couple of weeks now...

Reply to
Michael Baglio

Mark - Some pretty nice projects - I like the hard maple cabinet. Great work.

You're shop is REALLY nice too - It must be great to have space dedicated strictly to ww -

A move to AZ may be in my future. Are you in PHX area, or Tucson? Where do you get your hardwoods? I've been to the place in Mesa, off Stapley Rd, but seemed really expensive.

Keep up the great work!

Nick B

Reply to
Nick Bozovich

Thanks for the kind words. I'm in the Tucson area. As far as places to get hardwoods, lately I've been getting most of mine from McEwen Hardwoods (They are at: 501 S. Toole Ave. 520-792-9966). I have also purchased from Stewart Hardwoods, but have not recently. Stewart seems to be somewhat hit or miss in what they have available.

As far as prices, hardwood prices are high here (it was quite a shock from the Dallas prices I was paying and the Missouri prices I would get when travelling to the in-laws). Last month I paid $1.89 for 4/4 Poplar S2S, and $3.20 for soft maple, FAS, S2S, 4/4 (tax included in the above prices). Not a lot of those trees growing in these parts, so there's a lot of transportation added on.

Where are you moving from?

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Thanks Mark -

If/when I do this move, I'll be coming from Pennsylvania (York, just south of Harrisburg) to Tempe. LOTS of hardwood here - I get rough white oak for $1.80/bf from a mill not too far away. The local hardwood lumber yard charges $2.80/bf for it. I figured there wouldn't be much oak/maple in AZ, but then again, maybe mesquite is plentiful!? I've seen some really great projects in mesquite lately.

Maybe I should plan to do some "stocking up" when I get ready to do this!!

Thanks again for the info -

Nick

Reply to
Nick Bozovich