New Woodworking Website

Hey Fellow Woodworkers,

I am in the process of developing a new woodworking website. Similar to this group, I want it to be a place for woodworkers to learn from each other, share their advice and show off their workshops and favorite projects.

Would any of you be interested in featuring your workshop, completed projects or providing advice on a particular topic on my site? I plan to include my shop and some projects I've done, but it would be borring with just my stuff. Once the site is launched, visitors will have an opportunity to submit additional articles to be posted.

Also, if you have anything in particular you would like to see on the site, please let me know that as well.

By the way, don't worry, I'm not selling anything. I just want to make this site as useful as possible.

Reply to
direct2paul

So if the conversations are not up to you standards you will edit or filter the comments? If not, whats the point of yet another site to water down the information available now?

Reply to
Leon

Well, I really don't intend to "edit or filter" the content assuming it's on topic. Also, I wanted to make it a place for woodworkers to show off their shops and see how others have set theirs up. Also a place to show completed projects and get design & technique ideas.

Reply to
direct2paul

Well, I really don't intend to "edit or filter" the content assuming it's on topic. Also, I wanted to make it a place for woodworkers to show off their shops and see how others have set theirs up. Also a place to show completed projects and get design & technique ideas.

Reply to
direct2paul

borring

I suggest you hang around here a bit longer, with side trips, in your spare time, to

You might also want to go to woodweb. Then see if you are going to be offering fresh, more informative news about woodworking and woodworkers.

Reply to
Charlie Self

I do primarily turning but you might be interested

Reply to
Art Ransom

Thu, Jan 6, 2005, 6:48pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@swbell.net (Leon) says: So if the conversations are not up to you standards you will edit or filter the comments? If not, whats the point of yet another site to water down the information available now?

OK Leon, I'm giving you authority to vote for me on this one.

JOAT EVERY THING THAT HAPPENS STAYS HAPPENED.

- Death

Reply to
J T

*Tips hat* to Ted Harris.

Rob--->who doesn't sweat the petty things or pets the sweaty things.

Reply to
Robatoy

ted harris

Then I would suggest a wiki style site. There are several packages available. I was looking at the page for one on Source Forge last night. The Wiki-pedia is probably the most popular variation.

Bob McConnell N2SPP

Reply to
Bob McConnell

Thanks all for the feedback. I didn't know about

No need to create another site like that if it's already out there. Fortunately I was in early concepting stages and hadn't invested too much design time (Obviously not enough research time either. Ha! But, that was partially why I posted this string). I'll need to re-evaluate what goes into the site if anything.

BTW, I'm open to any suggestions for site ideas that you haven't seen online yet.

Reply to
direct2paul