Might Be Turning Into A Wood Dorking NewsGroup!

Been watching the NG for the past little bit and the signal to noise ratio has gotten well into spec.

Shazzam, rec.norm might actually start looking like a WoodDorking group.

WTF?

Tom Watson - WoodDorker tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)

(website)

Reply to
Tom Watson

I bin away.

Reply to
Robatoy

Try: alt.binaries.pictures.supermodels.

The signal-to-noise ratio (woodworking being the "signal") is pretty low (probably similar to here), but the "noise" is considerably more palatable.

Reply to
J.B. Bobbitt

As we say in AA, "This, too, shall pass."

Spreaking of which, troops, my 20th birthday is on Friday. (A killer 4th of July weekend forced my sobriety back in '85.)

OBWW: I shall inlay my 20-year token into a fine piece of mesquite for display in my living room.

- Better Living Through Denial ------------

Dynamic Websites, PHP Apps, MySQL databases

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

A fitting tribute to a major life change. Congratulations.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Congrats Larry.

Mark & Juanita

Good for you Larry - that's something you should rightfully be very proud of.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

On 7/5/2005 10:49 PM Larry Jaques mumbled something about the following:

Congrats, I celebrated 20 years June 15. July 20 I will be celebrating

20 years drug free as well.
Reply to
Odinn

Think you are right Tom - my kill file only registered 4 this morning - down from hndreds just months ago.

Lou

Reply to
loutent

Thanks. (Glenn, Mark, and Owie.)

I'm very glad to have survived both drunkenness and sobriety.

- Better Living Through Denial ------------

Dynamic Websites, PHP Apps, MySQL databases

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Congrats to you, too. I'm smoke-free for 17 years, too. (cigs)

- Better Living Through Denial ------------

Dynamic Websites, PHP Apps, MySQL databases

Reply to
Larry Jaques

And post a pic to abpw?

Congratulations--you've saved your own life.

Bob preparing to celebrate his 40th wedding anniversary in October.

Reply to
Bob Schmall

Good for you! Your are a better man than I am. The only thing I quit successfully was cigs.

Reply to
Knothead

I wonder why nobody commented on my reply. Too ironic? Are they so sure the Wreck will revert?

Yeah, why not?

Indubitably.

"Why would you want to?" the bachelor queried.

(Congrats anyway.)

- Better Living Through Denial ------------

Dynamic Websites, PHP Apps, MySQL databases

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Thanks, Tom.. you've just cursed us... Kind of like a boxing announcer saying "he's never been knocked down".. lol

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

I've been trying to quit them for about 45 years... oh, well.. ya gotta die of SOMETHING.. the only thing that I've successfully quit is watermelon and fresh strawberries for lent..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

and is that because they were out of season? ;)

Reply to
Philip Lewis

I've been trying to quit them for about 45 years... oh, well.. ya gotta die of SOMETHING..

Yeah but I saved so much cash I was able to reoutfit my gara...'er shop ;-)

Reply to
Knothead

[snip] The LAST thing I want is for people to look at my corpse and tell each other how good I look. Sprong. Oh and when I head off to Croak City, don't put candles and teddy bears outside my house or I will haunt you. On the other hand, I'm willing a couple kilobucks for a great party. grumble, jo4hn
Reply to
jo4hn

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Regarding things over which we have little to no control, one must not waste too much emotion.

We can either read, or not.

We can either comment, or not.

We can either be civil, or not. Or be silent.

I cannot, except through filtering or ignoring, change the behavior of others, should they decide to disrupt this 'place'.

There are good days, and there are less than good days. But today, basically, life is good. (tmJOAT)

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch