GLOAT!!

Don't sell yourself short there guy. The man obviously saw something there. And you get to work in an environment that is healthy for you. The best of all worlds.

Congrats. We expect good things from you.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Congratulations. That must feel great.

If you don't mind me asking, about how old are you? I have been semi-retired from aerospace for about 3 years and continue to do consulting to keep me in tools and to feed the retirement accounts. However, I have been thinking about how great it would be to do something truly 'constructive'.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Congratulations ... my bet is that with your attitude, whatever you do you will be a success. In a nutshell, that's really what it takes.

Reply to
Swingman

Congratulations.

Sounds like the kind of stuff that could be really fun.

Would have enjoyed that myself. Let me know if you get bored... :-)

--=20 Will R. Jewel Boxes and Wood Art

power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20 who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw

Reply to
WillR

Congrats, I'm actually retired and doing the exact same thing. I owned a cable construction company for 25 years and watched the whole business go to shit. So one day when a employee of 2 weeks came up to me and said I was doing it wrong, it was the last straw. I shut my business down and went on vacation for 3 years. Then decided to open a fix it, handy man service and been loving it ever since. I do the jobs I want and work the hours I want. I'm always busy and even get jobs where I build cabinets and furniture. Most of what I do is renovations, kitchen and baths and enjoy it completely.

Good luck, there is nothing like doing what you truly enjoy!!!

Rich

Reply to
evodawg

Lee Michaels wrote:

Congratulations Prometheus. Nice to see someone moving ahead in life :)

Reply to
bf

I guess it's easier to get a job when you're 4 days ahead of everyone else. IOW, you might want to check your system clock, so your posts don't stay stuck at the top of some wreck reading software packages.

BTW, congrats on the job. I've always thought the best job to have is one that you'd do for free (and then get paid for it).

Clint

Reply to
Clint

And what kind of answer did you give him?

Reply to
Upscale

| I've got the mother of all gloats today-

Congratulations!

Normally I'd say: "You suck!" but this goes way beyond suckage...

Morris Dovey

So THAT"S why some posts are constantly at the top! Duh... I thought it might be something on my end. Guess not.

Add me to the list of congrats. At 26, you are a very lucky young man to do what you want, enjoy and collect a paycheck.

Aiming toward your own business is the right direction. A good reputation means everything.

Best of luck!

Lou

Reply to
loutent

Good on ya, Having a job that you like, and it pays the bills, makes getting up in the mornings so much easier. Congratulations John

Reply to
John B

Fantastic news! This is not just a job, but a career. Something you can truly enjoy doing and doing the right way.

Anybody with a hammer can get a job pounding nails, but, IMO, this is going to allow you to use your skills and can lead to so many good things.

I'm looking forward to some progress reports. Good luck with your future.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

*sheepish grin* Yep- I made an appointment for something else, and used the calendar on the system clock to check the date of it- didn't realize I had changed it until later. Should be all right now.
Reply to
Prometheus

Yeah, the system clock is a bad thing to use for checking dates. Seems like a flaw in Billy-boy's system, a system that asks you 5 different ways whether you really want to delete that file you named "deleteme.txt" changes date and time with *no* positive entry.

Mark & Juanita

Have to agree. Finding a job you enjoy doing with a person you wouldn't mind working for/with and doing it is way beyond just a simple gloat.

Reply to
Upscale

Yup - thats a fair Gloat.. . . .

But, my youngish cobber - beware the dream of making furniture for a living . .. . . !

I've been doing it for 17 years now - and it is a good life . . . I even got to the stage where I thought we could move down to the Southwest (WA) from Fremantle, and live in what was our holiday home - seeing as now I was already a multi hundredaire. . . . and slow up a tad . . .

So move we did - and set up a new little Furniture Gallery .. . . Now, after 3and a bit years down here , I have never been so busy .. . . . I am running an 11 month waiting list for my work, and turn away as much work as I accept.

And whats more - having just managed to turn 50 with most of my body parts still working and present . . .. . I am still a multi hundredaire . .. .

Phil

The Nannup Furniture Gallery Support small business ~ Save a Species Today ~ ME!

snipped-for-privacy@swanriverfurniture.com.au

Reply to
Phil Laird

Good to see yer voice, Phully.

And "Amen" to yer thinking on perfeshunnel wooddorking.

Tom Watson - WoodDorker tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)

(website)

Reply to
Tom Watson

Top 3 life gloats:

1)The birth of a child 2)Marrying the person you truly love and who loves you just as much. 3)Making a living doing what you love.

Yeah, I'd say Prometheus did OK.

Reply to
Joe Wells

Phil Laird apparently said,on my timestamp of 30/07/2005 7:02 PM:

Hehehe! Looks like things are still as hectic as before, eh Phully?

Good to hear from you, ya old ratbag!

50 eh? Welcome to my decade...
Reply to
Noons

"Phil Laird" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@quokka.wn.com.au:

So, are you up to the challenges of an apprentice or three? ;-)

Of course, sometimes more people on a project just means a longer process.

Congratulations on your success.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch