Any SW Wisconsin wood sources?

We're taking a short trip to SW Wisconsin this weekend. Anyone know where I might find a source for turning blanks or slabs.

Thanks Art

Reply to
Art and Diane

You betcha. Richland Center stop up and see Floyd and Carol Hacker at ocoochhardwoords

Depending on where you are coming from if you go just a little bit south to Northern Illinois You can go to Mike Johnson's sawmill just south of Mount Carroll near Timberlake play house. Look him up on woodfinder.net under Johnson Creek Hardwoods... Outstanding Walnut supplier. Also in between there is Monroe Wi (Great beer and cheese town). Deppler Wood Shop N2893 Youth Cabin Rd Monroe, WI 53566-9232 608-325-9913 All very nice country for a weekend drive Have fun.. Eat cheese or die!

Knothead

Thanks Art

Reply to
Knothead

In the SE WI area (not terribly far from Monroe if you're exploring) is Badger Hardwoods of WI

'er on US Route 14 on the north side of Walworth, WI.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

You don't say where you are going to be exactly but I just dragged these off of WoodFinder.com.

Kettle Moraine Hardwoods Hartford WI (16 miles)

Kettle Moraine Hardwoods Caledonia WI (26 miles)

Badger Hardwoods Of Wisconsin, Ltd. Walworth WI (45 miles)

The Russell Mill Zion IL (50 miles)

Velvit Products Company Neenah WI (74 miles)

The Hardwood Connection Sycamore IL (81 miles)

All distances are from Wauk-e-sha.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A-100

Was the town founded by Wreckahs?

And "Velvit" sounds suspiciously like "Velveeta" for a bidness in the WisPride state.

Tom Watson - WoodDorker tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)

(website)

Reply to
Tom Watson

[ Warning - Left Turn Coming... ]

I'm old enuff to remember driving down to Havard, IL for "oleo" since margarine was outlawed in WI.

Also, when I worked at the grocery store - we noticed a distinct decline in Velveeta sales when we rearranged the dairy section. Funny, once we put the "mostly petroleum based product" back in the chiller, sales restored.

Guess no one noticed the "needs no refridgeration" on the side of the box back then.

Reply to
patrick conroy

Thanks a lot. Just what I was looking for.

Art

Knothead wrote:

Reply to
Art and Diane

Heh, I live just SE of Harvard and I'm surprised they were selling it THERE, after all, it IS the Milk Capitol of the World according to their publicist. I mean, any town that has a statue of a cow sitting in the the middle of an intersection has to have some claim to fame other than lunacy and inbreeding, no?

Growing up in the northern suburbs and frequently traveling up into SE WI I can definitely recall all those Red on Yellow signs along US Route

41 proclaiming "Last Chance for Oleo," "Last Chance for Colored Margarine."
Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

No. The town was founded by Velvit Jones.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A-100

The dude that makes ho-made cheese?