MDF quality

Thanks to all who quickly responded.

To answer one question - I wouldn't buy from the big box stores. There is a regional family owned store that is like a HD (without the appliances) that I shop at regularly that I have a discount card for.

The cabinet supply company is a "wee bit" further drive from me, so I was wondering if it made sense to go up to them to get the MDF. Sounds like it could be. At least at the wood supply place, they have some nice Russian birch that I could also use!

The downside - it's a cash only business!

Thanks again to all!

MJ

Reply to
mjmwallace

Some use router bits to cut out slots, others use saws to cut out slots. I use a stack dato. with metric width blades. My other one is Imperial.

Either way - metric is the imported board and not 1/2" or 11/16......

Mart>> Examine the boards. Measure the boards. Often the Big Box stores

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Ah, the post said 'blade' and I assumed singular.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser