Mason and Sullivan Plans search..... (2023 Update)

If one of you two has a web email that you seldom use or use mainly for sketchy stuff - post it here .. I have 3 email addys 1 with my ISP and 2 web-based for stuff like this and spammy stuff. John T.

Reply to
hubops

Maybe post a WTB on Craigslist (or some other forum that allows email) for Mason & Sullivan 6150 plans. Let me know when it posted. I'll try searching for it. We should be able to contact each other then.

Reply to
Donald Davenport

John, How did you send this (I received an email apparently from John T that may be an guru of the group that didn't get posted to the board)? It looks like it came from a real email address with a reply-to field of rec.woodworking at Google groups dot com addressed to me via the board (something like snipped-for-privacy@example.com" which obviously doesn't work). Also the reply-to doesn't seem to work very well but I'll give it a try here. dave (just in case I'm idrathernot2010+ snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com - let's see if this gets filtered) BTW - the Reply-To field is bogus too - it bounced - I guess Google Groups is broken!

Reply to
dave b

I recieved a link to google books for 35 clock plans by Mason & Sullivan but not a PDF file. Is that what you sent?

Reply to
dave b

Obscuring is one thing but making them useless is quite another!

Reply to
dave b

I didn't send any emails. I suspect that google groups and/or homeowners hub is cludging things. John T.

Reply to
hubops

Don't use the useless "home moaners hub" website, which just leaches off Usenet.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

c/leaches/steals copyrights are copyrights

Reply to
krw

While usenet content is technically copyrighted, I've always considered that both the Fair Use and Implied License sections of the copyright act apply.

"leaching" may not equate to "stealing" under the copyright act since (in most cases) none of us are harmed when HOH - or any other website that reposts usenet content - copies/presents said content.

(and by "harmed" I don't mean embarrassed/pissed off by having our nym/name show up on that POS forum. In that respect we are most certainly harmed.)

If not for fair use/implied license, any of us that ever copied a link or set of instructions or anything else from a usenet post would be guilty of copyright infringement.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Unless you post your own copyrighted material to usenet, then you just put it in free use, voiding your own copyright. Posting something you do not own copyrights to does not void the copyrights of the owner.

Reply to
Markem618

I give up. Try snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com - I haven't used this since I was looking for a job (retired now) so it's been a few years. I'll watch for you.

Reply to
dave b

By default, your own material *is* copyrighted. You don't void your copyright by posting it, but you do (have to) allow it to be used by virtue of the Fair Use and (possibly) the Implied License sections of the copyright act.

From one of many hits from a search of 'is everything I write copyrighted'

"Do I need to register my work with the U.S. Copyright Office to hold a copyright on the work?

No. Your work is copyrighted the moment it hits a tangible medium— everything from your scribbles on a piece of paper to your musings on your Internet blog are protected. "

and then from:

"Under the "fair use" defense, another author may make limited use of the original author's work without asking permission. Pursuant to 17 U.S. Code § 107, certain uses of copyrighted material "for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright." "

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Dave, I don't know what else I can do without your email address. I can't get them to you if we can't communicate. Let me know if you figure out a way to email me.

Reply to
Donald Davenport

Fine woodworking takes skill but it's not rocket science. Is it feasible to get photos of the desired clock and reverse engineer plans?

Reply to
Just Wondering

The fact is that it IS copyrighted.

No, there is no "fair use". You can't copy something in it's entirety and claim "fair use".

I didn't give permission to use my post, or my name.

Reply to
krw

Wrong. Just by the fact of creating something, you have a copyright to that work.

Reply to
krw

Implied license would include all nodes on the Usenet. I wouldn't have posted it to the Usenet if I didn't expect it to be distributed throughout the network.

Trivial pieces can be used under "fair use" and parody is allowed under "fair use". Copying an entire work is not.

Reply to
krw

So sue them if you are so sure that you have a case.

Bitching about it and calling them trolls every time you see the HOH tag line isn't going to get them to stop stealing your precious words.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Only because they are.

Reply to
krw

Then do not post on usenet simple, one can fully copy your post of yours in a reply and have no concern about you claiming copyright infringment. If you could find a lawyer to take your case you would being conned out of your money.

Reply to
Markem618