Lee Valley Restores my Confidence

Well so that all can see this post with out having to search through the previous, Lee Valley is taking measures to correct a problem situation that was developing.

Do you like me better now, Ed? ;~)

Reply to
Leon

OK, now the burning question is... What did you need 60 rare earth magnets for?

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

You were fine before Leon, You gave both sides, and never was offensive, you just stated your case that you were unsatisfied and surprised at how they were handling it. The fact that you could get a message to Rob Lee and he responded says a lot for Lee Valley,.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M

Yes, but I never disliked you, really.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

And you really give a shit??

Reply to
Swingman

60 rare earth magnets. She wants to aim them at the moon.... Naaa.

A couple of months ago I built her a bookcase cabinet that also held a thread cabinet that held a load of spools of thread. That particular cabinet she already had. The spool cabinet has framed panel doors that have 1/4" plywood panels. She wanted to be able to display small cards on the front of the cabinet and did not want to use push pins which would leave holes in the panel. I suggested rare earth magnets. One on the inside one outside. A pair of these magnets easily hold the cards any where on the front of these flat paneled doors with no harm to the wood.

Now I was thinking that thirty cards on the front of the cabinet might be way too crowded. I suspect her husband that is apparently some kind of scientist may want some too. He watched me use a stack of 10 rare earth magnets to locate the nails in the wall studs and was amazed that the stack of magnets would actually stick to the wall. 10 is way more than enough to do this but a stack of 10 is about 1.25" long and easier to grab.

Reply to
Leon

;-O

Reply to
Leon

Good idea, both the card holder, and the stud locator. All sorts of good uses for rare earth magnets.

I haven't done this(yet), I think it was Charlie Self that was making turned wood boxes with alternating rows of RE in the lid and box so that thelid would held secure in one position but when turned a little it would pop up.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

Several years ago I built and posted a walnut model car display with class front, sides and a mirror back. I used rare earth magnets embedded in the case frame to hold the front onto the case. To remove the front you simply slide it to one side or the other to release the hold.

Reply to
Leon