interesting 3d cad program

It's still in the box. ;-) It does look better on the 2K laptop display, though.

Reply to
krw

More than that use light bulbs, so I guess Android is obsolete, too.

No, you're making the absurd assertion. The proof is up to you.

You can't find your cable modem and *I'm* the idiot. Seems you don't know much about computers (or, it seems, anything else).

Reply to
krw

If you want stay fit while using a snowblower...

Buy one without all the fancy steering features so that you have to muscle it around a bit. Don't use reverse, pull it backwards.

In addition, do the driveways of 2 or 3 neighbors every time you do yours.

If you really want a workout, drop the air pressure in the tires by 8-10 pounds.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

You mean "Keysight"?

They pimped the name because they could. They knew their test equipment buyers were smart enough to remember their new name (twice over).

Reply to
krw

I just replaced the HP laser with a cheap ($69) Canon inkjet. I found aftermarket ink (pretty highly rated) cheap. The printer is cheap enough that if it doesn't work well, I'll just buy another. My only worry is that we don't print enough to keep the inkjet in good woring order but SWMBO wanted a printer to print pictures of the granddaughter.

Reply to
krw

A full set of six (I think) replacement cartridges was less than $20. I decided that the tank models cost too much out of the gate to make it worthwhile. I may be wrong but my risk is miniscule.

Reply to
krw

Agreed. It's way too strenuous and intermittent to be healthy, particularly for gray-beards. ;-)

Reply to
krw

If you exercise on a regular basis, maybe. If you sit on your ass for weeks at a time and suddenly try to move a couple of tons of snow, not so much. The ER sees some heart attack victims every snowfall.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

There are three of us that help each other and it makes a huge difference when we get a deep one. Another understanding, if my driveway is cleared when you come home, you can park there while you clean yours.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

All you have to do is wait for 3 ladies to clear it off: April, May, and June.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Ed Pawlowski wrote in news:HYY9A.436025$ snipped-for-privacy@fx33.iad:

I build a backyard ice rink every year. It gives me excerise while I'm waiting for snowfall to run my snow blower. :-)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Leon wrote in news:--WdnRAcJd6MrPXFnZ2dnUU7- snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

*snip*
*snip*

Oh yeah... stupid "power saving" things that really aren't. I had to install the full bloated HP drivers to send the command to the printer to keep it on all the time. Then uninstall and install the minimal (but still awful) driver set. In terms of power, I'm willing to bet that that transformer draws more current than the rest of the printer just sitting there waiting. If they'd turn the LEDs off, it'd probably drop the power consumption by more than 100%.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Bill wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news4.newsguy.com:

Bill, that's called being nerd sniped :-):

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Thanks! I need a cane so I can stand at my porch and yell, "Get off of my lawn!" ; )

Reply to
Bill

Done and Done, this year you should see the driveway 25 foot rise from the road and it is better the 100 foot.

Reply to
Markem

That works, too, but now I just wait for noon. ;-)

Reply to
krw

My father died shoveling snow, at age 52.

Reply to
krw

Around here that's a dangerous gamble. Most years it works, but some years the hill the plow builds is enough to stop a Jeep even with a running start (DAMHIKT).

Reply to
J. Clarke

"J. Clarke" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

IIRC, he's in Atlanta. Snow just doesn't last very long in the South. (And I think you guys really miss out. No one likes the sleet and ice, but snow offers its beauty for the efforts required to clear it.)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

What OS are your light bulbs running? Just more nonesense from the village idiot.

I gave you enough proof, you are too dumb to comprehend. If you don't know the difference of a computer and a light bulb, not likely you are smart enough to converse, which explains you two word, meaningless empty assertions.

You have no clue what a modem is, so as usual your statements are meaningless drivel. When you find out the difference between a light bulb and a computer, you might want to learn about cable modems and all that rot that seems to have you helplessly confused.

Reply to
Jack