I am looking for an easy-to-use but powerful PC program to help me
design and draw projects that I am interested in building such as
bookcases, cabinets, closet organizers, etc.
I want something that meets the following criteria:
1. Easy to learn for the non CAD professional, yet powerful enough
to draw what you want and with room to learn and grow
2. Ability to visualize projects (preferably in 3D) including with
color, texture, shading so that I can get a real sense of how
3. Shortcuts for drawing standard things like dados, rabits,
dovetails, standard lumber sizes, standard screw and nail
4. Ability to generate parts list (preferable)
5. Affordable (<$100, preferably)
I know that there are a number of home design programs but those seem
to do too much and not really be good at woodworking projects.