What is most available, easy to use weed killer?

Need to get rid of some scraggly, extablished trees [small] and general tubor type weeds.

What is the best, easiest to use, least damaging spray on weed killer? Oh, and most readily available.

Reply to
Robert Macy

Not sure there is any "most" there...2,4-D though would probably come closest for both for broadleaf-selective. There are any number on the shelves at any box or hardware or garden store.

I'm not sure what you mean by a "tuber type" weed...

Reply to
dpb

I don't know if my bottle of Roundup went weak, or the plants developed resistance. The stuff doesn't work as well, this year. Next, I try gasoline.

.

What is the best, easiest to use, least damaging spray on weed killer? Oh, and most readily available.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I assume he wants to kill everything, ie it's not an area with grass, flowers, etc. In that case, next question is do you want:

A - something that works on what's there and that will not keep anything new from growing, where you could plant new stuff in a week. Roundup or similar glyphosate product.

B - something that works on what's there, is stronger, more effective, but you can't plant anything for awhile. One of the brush killer products

C - something that will kill what's there and is persistent so it will prevent anything from growing for months. One of the extended season long control products.

Since it's trees, if possible, I'd probably go with B

Reply to
trader4

I've had luck with bleach, pouring it on unwanted hard to kill shrub trees and spraying it on selected leaves and plants.

With the trees, I've drilled holes in the trunk about 4 inches deep, just to make sure the bleach soaks in good.

Reply to
Duesenberg

Thanks, I'll try that. I've got some of that, and some ammonia.

.

I've had luck with bleach, pouring it on unwanted hard to kill shrub trees and spraying it on selected leaves and plants.

With the trees, I've drilled holes in the trunk about 4 inches deep, just to make sure the bleach soaks in good.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Thanks. never thought of that one. I'll try that in my driveway cracks. Gasoline and used motor hasn't worked for long.

Reply to
Vic Smith

.

sounds perfect! name of product?

Reply to
Robert Macy

.

That was my first thought, too.

But these @#$@#$% weeds have a bulb way deep and seemed to turn the water in the bleach into plain water and turned green and started flourishing!

Reply to
Robert Macy

Yup, try that mixture of bleach and ammonia. It's great stuff you can even get rid of your garage with it.

Reply to
Frank

Yes, because we have far too many trees on this planet...

Reply to
Home Guy

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:ukYjr.49302$ snipped-for-privacy@news.usenetserver.com:

Bayer Garden, also named Clear-up 360 N. Also kills the roots. Contains glysofaat, 360 grams/liter. For spraying use a 1 in 100 dilution.

28.50 Euro for half a liter, enough to spray 1000 square meter.

It blocks the intake of water, and plants wither away in 2-3 days. Does not inhibit newly seeded/planted stuf.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

Don't know about getting rid of a garage but if you don't like your lungs, the mix will sure solve that problem.

Reply to
krw

Not clear what you're trying to kill or what you plan to do with the land after.

As I understand it, Roundup decomposes fairly rapidly in soil. Good if you're gonna replant. Bad if you want to really KILL some stuff.

Understand what kind of weeds you have.

I had patches of orchard grass (I think) in my lawn. I got clever and painted weed killer on individual leaves of the offending grass. Not sure the brand, I picked the stuff at Home Depot with the biggest warning label. Thought I was clever...

Well, it turns out that the patches were all connected by the root system. In a week, my lawn looked like a brown road map on green paper.

Still can't think of a better way to do it, but I was surprised at the time.

Reply to
mike

Tried Bayer last summer, it just kills grass - weeds laugh at it, get Ortho which actually works and doesn't kill the grass.

John

Reply to
John

Round up. Hands down. Ag strength - not the wattered down crap you get at the borg.

Reply to
clare

Not in the same hole, or you may be "seeing jesus" earlier than you expect!!

Reply to
clare

On 4/19/2012 7:59 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote: ...

It was implied that OP wanted a broadleaf, not systemic herbicide.

Being in production ag meself, I certainly understand and use very large quantities of Roundup as well as 2,4-D and many others as well.

Reply to
dpb

I'd been using Roundup brand. Tried some other brand I had, see if that works better.

.

Tried Bayer last summer, it just kills grass - weeds laugh at it, get Ortho which actually works and doesn't kill the grass.

John

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

round up or any of it's clones.