Stair stringer layout help

There is a stair stringer layout tool for the iPad that makes cutting stringers simple and easy called StairBuilderPro. It is unlike any other layout tool/guide in that no framing square or angle gauges are needed. The app plots all of the layout points on the board step by step and all that is required is to connect the dots and cut. It takes into account all floor covering thicknesses, tread thickness, and riser board thickness. Super easy.

Reply to
NailBiter

I wonder how the hell stairs ever got made without it!

Reply to
richard

I have never had a problem cutting stairs before the iPad. I always divide the rise by 7........... Say 108/7 = 15.42 So you have either 15 or 16 risers.....depending on distance of run and rise wanted..... So 108 / 15 = 7.2 Convert 7.2 to inches.....= 7 1/8 " rise Anyway, I wonder how a person would plot on a board the points needed to cut the stairs and with so many measurements.....? Isn't a square easier? You also need to cut on a straight line so, you need to intersect your points of measure with a straight edge anyway. hummmmm john

There is a stair stringer layout tool for the iPad that makes cutting stringers simple and easy called StairBuilderPro. It is unlike any other layout tool/guide in that no framing square or angle gauges are needed. The app plots all of the layout points on the board step by step and all that is required is to connect the dots and cut. It takes into account all floor covering thicknesses, tread thickness, and riser board thickness. Super easy.

Reply to
jloomis

Next Ipad will include a cutting tool. Probably on the scale of a laser beam.

Reply to
richard

I'm sure the OP is using the iPad's plotter. You lay the iPad on the board, and it moves and plots along any board as long as needed!

(Does sound like more work than using traditional methods, doesn't it!)

Reply to
PeterD

Reply to
nailbiter