HF Dust collector

I got a sale paper from Harbor Freight and the 2hp dc is on sale for $169. The web site says $179, but they will do the paper price. Has 1650cfm. Gonna get it Friday then order the 0.1 micron bag. Almost threww the paper without looking at it.

Reply to
Jimmy

I am thinking the same thing... What's the scoop on the 0.1m bag? Price, where, etc. Thanks in advance!

Reply to
msschmenk

That sucker is always on sale. I think I got mine for $149. If you are on the HF mailing list they keep sending out 20% off coupons for the retail stores, so you can probably get it even cheaper.

Throw away the bags and get a filter:

Patrick Fitzgerald

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news:1134060440.222522.318610 @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

They had a 159.95 sale a bit ago. I ordered the Wynn Cartridge filter kit as recommended often in this NG. That was another 118 + 9.58 freight.

Now if the hand doc can finalized the fixing of my left index finger, I can go back to woodworking. #$%@! piece of 1/4" luan for a drawer bottom got kicked back by the TS, and hit 2 fingers of the left hand. Needed to get a few stitches in one tendon, plus a whole lot more in the skin of both fingers. Good thing I'm right-handed, I needed that for my day job.

Reply to
Han

The only kickback I've ever had was what you describe. I got off clean, though. Heal up and go make some sawdust.

jc

Reply to
noonenparticular

Did you have a splitter installed?

Reply to
Michael Campbell

Is there an advantage to that cartridge kit over the Grizzly .3 micron bags?

I have the HF DC and the Griz bags, but wouldn't be opposed to an "upgrade" to those filters, if that's what it is compared to the .3m bags.

PQ

Reply to
PetQuality

Michael Campbell wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@atlmicampbell.checkfree.com:

No, I was stupid and lazy, and I didn't use any featherboards either.

I'll be much wizer/wiser next time ...

Reply to
Han

Print this coupon for an extra 20% off:

Reply to
joeD

Cool! I was thinking of getting an inverter, and the coupon might be what decides it.

Reply to
Toller

I called HF and they will take the 20% off the $169.99 sale price. Make it $136.01. Hope the Chinese motor holds up

Reply to
Jimmy

Heck for that price buy two :)

If you save that link that coupon will always be there.

Reply to
joeD