Parade Magazine - HF

Parade Magazine is a Sunday supplement to many newspapers across the nation. I almost never look at it because it has articles like "What every woman was wearing at the Cat Show," but for some reason I happened to glance through it today.

The magazine contained an ad for Harbor Freight, with 14 coupons.

None of the coupons interested me (rechargeable plumb-bob, push-button light switches, assorted reverse-thread nuts and bolts, etc.).

The ad DID have your standard 20% off coupon, but this is no big deal inasmuch as we all now know where to get one on the web

What the ad did have, however, is a coupon for a FREE FLASHLIGHT! The very same one that was on sale this weekend for a dollar. Yippee!

Don't throw out the Sunday paper.

Reply to
HeyBub

Where have you been? That ad runs every weekend almost all year.

Reply to
hrhofmann

on 11/03/2013, HeyBub supposed :

Don't you have gravity in the wrong hemisphere to drive a plumbob? :-?

Reply to
John G

HeyBub:

You said in another thread that your Harbour Freight saw weighted over

50 pounds, but the shipping on it was only $6.99.

I had to pay $12 to ship three lithium ion batteries for my digital camera from Vancouver to Winnipeg. Those three batteries together weighed less than one pound. Maybe the distances involved account for the difference in shipping costs. Vancouver, BC is about 600 miles from Winnipeg. Was your saw shipped that far?

Was that the US Postal Service that did the shipping on the saw, or a courier like UPS or Purolator?

Obviously, something seems amiss when it costs less to ship a 50 pound saw than one pound of batteries. Either the shipping costs in the US are super cheap or the shipping costs in Canada are super expensive.

Reply to
nestork

"Shipping" often includes "handling" even if they don't state it as S&H. Handling costs rarely match actual cost of the handling. It probably cost them a couple of bucks to ship the batteries but they they hit you for the extra $10 just because they can.

Whenever I shop online, I sort by total cost whenever possible. Amazon let's you do that. Just yesterday I bought something for $3.59 plus $4.99 shipping instead of $8.99 with free shipping. I don't really care what the fake S&H charges are as long as the total cost is the lowest.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Where have I been? Like I said, I've been ignoring Parade Magazine.

Reply to
HeyBub

Slight correction: I did not comment on the shipping charges.

Uh, no. I picked it up at my local store.

HF probably absorbs the additional shipping cost when the cost exceeds $6.99.

Reply to
HeyBub

almost never look

Show," but for some

switches, assorted

as we all now know

same one that was on

Here's a 25% off HF coupon good for another 3 months....Paul

Packratpaul

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Saw sounds big but US has boxes with flat rate no matter what weight. I just bought about 40 lb of lead bullets and shipping and handling was only $13.

Reply to
Frank

Unless you're the government, some people think you're unpatriotic, and probably a terrorist.

.

Saw sounds big but US has boxes with flat rate no matter what weight. I just bought about 40 lb of lead bullets and shipping and handling was only $13.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

lithium ion batteries are fire hazards, just ask boeing about their dreamliner...

carriers sometimes charge more for hazardous stuff, because it requires special handling

Reply to
bob haller

Wow! Thanks!

Can I use it a Bed, Bath, & Beyond? The coupon itself doesn't say which company it's for.

Reply to
HeyBub

No, Harbor Freight simply rolls the average cost of shipping into the price of the item.

Your lithium battery prices were artificially low, and the seller is getting all his profit by overcharging you for shipping.

The $6.99 is a token "handling" charge.

Of course HF ships by the cheapest means possible: square-wheeled ox cart pulled by a retarded lizard. If you want better shipping then you pay normal rates.

Reply to
dennisgauge