Gorilla products suck.

I didn't like Gorilla glue (urethane glue). well april 1st I needed a black duck tape for a gag. I didn't find it strong at all. It is thicker than duck tape, not as pliable. And it's level of stick is less than duck tape.

I had no duck tape at home today, so I needed to use the remaining black Gorilla tape.. just like the first experience it just doesn't seem to grab very well.

Gorilla products seem to be overhyped crap. The name is just that a name. My opinion is stay away from Gorilla crap.

This was a public service announcement. :-) Flame shields on.

Reply to
woodchucker

I have had very good results with Gorilla wood glue, that which looks and works like Titebond, II, III.

Reply to
Leon

But they have a catchy name and a good ad agency. That gets a good premium price.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

woodchucker wrote in news:i5udnXYI0a6Ep_jFnZ2dnUU7- snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net:

The late Lew Hodgett described them as "over priced and under peckered", a phrase which has stuck with me for many years now.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

I didn't like Gorilla glue (urethane glue). well April 1st I needed a black duck tape for a gag. I didn't find it strong at all. It is thicker than duck tape, not as pliable. And it's level of stick is less than duck tape.

I had no duck tape at home today, so I needed to use the remaining black Gorilla tape.. just like the first experience it just doesn't seem to grab very well.

I've had exceptional service from Gorilla duct tape including outside pipe insulation with Gorilla duct tape that has held for four and five years. There is always a roll in my truck tool box; never leave home without it.

Gorilla products seem to be overhyped crap. The name is just that a name. My opinion is stay away from Gorilla crap.

My experience with Gorilla Glue [not wood glue] is that it has a limited shelf life. If you need it buy the smallest quantity you can get by with.

Dave in SoTex

Reply to
Dave in SoTex

it has uses in some cases like filling gaps

the worst part though is the shelf life is really bad and i thought i was storing it wrong

but no it was sealed and still hardened

no longer use their products

Reply to
Electric Comet

Electric Comet was heard to mutter:

I've got a 2+ year old bottle sitting in my fridge that works fine. I use small quatities and, for me, that keeps it good longer.

Reply to
Casper