Brush Cleaning after Polyurethane

Thanks! The information that you had shared was SUPER helpful, But what's mineral sprits? And where could I find it?

Reply to
ladybug28080

Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, etc. Paint thinner is a bit cheaper and is - essentially - the same thing.

Reply to
dadiOH

"dadiOH" wrote in news:o3op3k$825$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Keep your eye out for "green" mineral spirits. It's different and may work differently. (IME, "green" things work worse.)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Puckdropper wrote in news:586010c1$0$11978$c3e8da3$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

I read that green denatured alchol had less water in it than normal denatured alchol which would be better if you mix your own shellac. Of course, Everclear was the best to alchol to use for that. So not all green stuff is bad. YMMV

Reply to
sawdustmaker

I would like to suggest DIY painters try my unique product for assisting in paint brush and roller cleanup. My product is called the washbox and is essentially a ribbed plastic insert that fits in most sinks. The washbox has a drain in the bottom that aligns with the sink drain. Cleanup is contained inside the washbox and the sink is protected from paint stains. Please check out the demo video at the following website

clary kempton