Gloat!

Even though I have not been a member since 2000 (when I did have a momentary lapse in judgment and I keep the membership card next to my computer just to remind me that I am not as smart as I think I am), I just got a package in the mail from the Handyman Club of America. All I got in the past was a cheesy plastic drill bit index and a carbon steel leatherman style knife. I never even got the sanding sponge others have bragged about.

In it was a wonderful set of carbon steel jewellers' screwdrivers and a hardcover glossy book on "Tools and Techniques". The book covers everything: Workshop Tools and Skill, Plumbing & Wiring. No need for the wreck anymore and I can use my FWW collection as firestarter! It even explains how to ground dust collections systems to eliminate the danger from sparking caused by static electricity. That should settle the debate once and for all.

Luigi Note the new email address. Please adjust your krillfiles (tmAD) accordingly Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

No, No, JOAT, that one BLOWS!

May I be among the first to say it, you suck.

LMAO

JOAT There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, it's probably in Tennessee --that says, fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. Fool me ... You can't get fooled again.. - G.W. Bush quoted by the Baltimore Sun - Oct 6, 2002

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 28 Jan 2004. Some tunes I like.

Mark Hopkins

shhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! what are you trying to do man......It says that you are not supposed to discuss these matters with non members..... The whole system may come crumbling down now and I may not get my cheesy leatherman and sanding sponge....

Reply to
Rick Cox

I hope you post lots of good answers and help us out now that you have this book!

Yes you can recycle your FWW.

Luigi Zanasi wrote:

Reply to
Jules

That's a great idea. I realize it can be inconvenient to recycle magazines sometimes, so I'll gladly pay to have you ship them to my house and I'll take care of them from there :)

Reply to
Mike in Idaho

JOAT: Are they still offering you a charter membership?

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Gee Luig, I am so jealous. We don't get such wondrous offerings down here in Oz - woe is us...

BTW, how's 'the project' going?

cheers,

Greg

Reply to
Groggy

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 20:51:42 GMT, "Mike in Idaho" asked:

Lessee, at my usual billing rate of 100 kanuckistani loonies per hour, it will take me:

0.75 hour to use the Tiger Torch & charger to get the car started. 0.5 hour to drive downtown & back to get boxes. 1.0 hours to run around looking for boxes. 2.0 hours to pack & address the mags 0.75 hour to use the Tiger Torch & charger to get the car started. 0.5 hour to drive downtown to the post office & back. 1.0 hour to stand in line at the post office. 0.5 hour to go to the bank to get cash because I forgot that the PO does not take credit cards 1.0 hour to stand in line at the post office.

Total 8 hours @$100 = $800.

Direct expenses: propane for Tiger Torch $10.00 electricity for charger $ 0.15 Mileage (20 km @ $0.45/km) 9.00 Postage (appr 75kg) $250.00 Shipping boxes Free from liquor store!

So, for a mere $1,069.15 in kanuckistani loonies, they are yours. (That's over $800 in Yankee pesos.)

Luigi Who is practising for when the HCOA asks for their $10.00 for the book. Note the new email address. Please adjust your krillfiles (tmAD) accordingly Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 20:08:18 -0500 (EST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (T.) scribbled:

Those things are really useful. I drilled a bunch of holes in a 2X4 and screwed the thingie to it. Makes a useful stand-up drill bit container & easier than ordering one from Mc-Master Carr.

Luigi Note the new email address. Please adjust your krillfiles (tmAD) accordingly Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

Did you also notice the bill for 10 bucks in there with it? And the promise of more $10 books in the future along with other useless crap to fill your junk drawer with! I got it and sent the book and the bill back. I gave the screwdriver set to my daughter to play with!

Reply to
yobosaeyo