Freud's Box Joint Blade

I was at my local woodworking tool store yesterday and they told me that they can't get enough of Freud's new SBOX8 box joint blades. They told me that they have 50 on backorder and they won't be getting any more until mid December. I'm very glad that I got mine 2 months ago, before all of you decided that you too had to have one. If you are one of those on the wait list, just be patient. It's well worth the wait. I'm extremely satisfied with my box joint blade. It cuts chip free and perfectly square box joints every time.

I have no connection with Freud or my local tool store. I'm just a very satisfied customer.

Charley

Reply to
Charley

don't get it, what is the difference betweent this and a dado set?

-jtpr

Reply to
jtpr

> I don't get it, what is the difference betweent this and a dado set?

1) Two blades. No chippers. No shims. 2) Only two dado widths available. 1/4" & 3/8" 3) Perfectly flat bottoms. (they claim) 4) Cheaper

I suppose if #3 is true, and you do a lot of 1/4 or 3/8 slots, it might be a time saver.

Reply to
Bruce Barnett