What air cleaner do you recommend?

I've been looking at the Delta and at the JDS. Is the JDS better than the Delta or about the same? The JDS costs about 45 bucks more. They both have electrostatic filters. Which one do you all like the best? I have a big problem with sanding dust going everywhere. Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Dave

I've got the Jet ($100 at a yard sale... delayed gloat?), and I think it does an excellent job. I haven't seen the two you mention, so I can't offer a comparison.

-John in NH

Reply to
John Girouard

hi one of the woodworking mag's did something on this subject a year or two ago. the delta was the number two machine and the JDS was number one.sorry I can not remember which issue or what magazine it was.

Len

Reply to
leonard

I have the JDS 2000 with the regular filters and it works great. I do a lot of balsa cutting and sanding and it helps keep that light dust from settling everwhere.

Rocky

Reply to
Rocky

Ditto. I have to say it was a bitch initially getting it hung, since I was by myself. Once I started using my brains, it went right up. It's a nice unit: quiet, too.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Having bought the JDS-750...

Compare the micron capture ratings and blower CFM speeds.

Does the Delta come with a remote?

Does the Delta have a timer that will automatically shut down the unit after a preset period of time?

And, if it's important to you as it was to me, is the Delta made in the US?

Like I said, I have the JDS and have been very pleased with this decision.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC