Help installing air conditioner

Hi all --

Does anyone have pointers to nice pages with instructions for a do-it- yourself air conditioner installation (preferably with photos)?

It shouldn't be too hard. Yet the contractors charge too much. I'm hpoing somebody has been through this before and has set up a nice web page.

Thanks in advance,

Joe Nada

Reply to
joe nada

Just a thought...

My wife worked with a lady who's husband worked at a local manufacturing company in their HVAC department. On weekends, he installed residential heating/cooling systems "on the side". For the same price as the local heating/cooling companies were going to charge, I upgraded both my furnace and AC by one model. Could have saved money by choosing the same model as the contractors offered, but I opted for same price - better equipment.

Anyway, ask around. Maybe you could f> Hi all --

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I usually lift the window sash, and set it on the window sill. Pull the sash down, and extend the rubber things on either side. Use a couple drywall screws over the sash, into the sides of the frame. Helps keep the sash from working its way up. And then the AC is less likely to fall out into the yard.

click HERE if this is helpful. click HERE if you'd like more detailed information.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Check with the manufacturer of the unit you want to install. Many have good websites to help diy'ers to use their products.

Are you talking about window unit, or central air?

tom @

Tom The Great