Delta site

Has anyone noticed that if you go to the Delta site for manuals or parts lists, you now get sent directly to the servicenet site?

That site requires registration which is kind of a pain but worse than that, unless you know your part number, you have to jump through hoops to find the drawings. Also there is no way that I could see to search for a keyword. I just don't think the site is very user friendly. Maybe it's just me..........

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike O.

I noticed that they no longer have the literature online for one of my machines, even though they had it a week before the ServiceNet site replaced the old Delta resources. If only I'd downloaded the parts list at the same time as I downloaded the manual.

I also noticed that they don't respond to email on the subject, after more than two weeks (the Web site promises a two-day response time). The Black & Deckerization of Delta is not looking good to me at this point.

Reply to
Chuck Taylor

Hey Mike, When I went to get manuals for some tools I eventually purchaesd I followed the successive drop down menus until I saw the tool of choice. It was not streamlined but it did get me what I wanted. Marc

Reply to
marc rosen

I received in the mail today a printed copy of the literature I had asked about in my email to Delta a few weeks ago. They did eventually come through.

Reply to
Chuck Taylor

In my opinion it is a POS.

I have also called Delta and expressed that opinon in those words.

As has been mentioned earlier, let them know it sucks and that you will vote with your wallet...it is the only thing they understand.

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

So are TMT and Rick S saying that we should not buy power tools from companies with less than tolerable websites? I buy woodworking tools from woodworking manufacturers and I'll put up with their website issues. I won't buy a woodworking machine from Microsoft or GOOGLE.

Marc

Reply to
marc rosen

What I am saying is when a manufacturer obviously goes out of their way to give substandard service to the customer, the customer should make their concerns known to the manufacturer and factor that into any future business dealings with that manufacturer.

Or do you prefer substandard service?

You can spend your money your way and I will spend my money my way.

I can tell you that I buy fewer Delta tools now than I have in the past. Their tool quality has slipped substantially and with the "new and improved" website their service has also. I can also tell you that the people who handle Delta service calls are well aware of the public's displeasure with the new web site.

Hopefully Delta's ,management will get the hint and improve the site...as there are many other tool manufacturers to choose from.

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools