wrong impression

I think some people got the wrong impression to my last message. I hope in helping people that I learn more about woodworking. It also bothers me the fact that everyone seems to thing that I'm male and just trying to be cocky. I'm am not a male I'm a female. I'm in woodworking for the love of the trade. I'm not out to prove anything by offering my knowledge. I simply hope that by helping people I learn more about woodworking

Reply to
bronzzy

No introductions, explanations or life history is necessary. This is Usenet. Just find a thread that interests you and jump in. That's what everybody else does. If you are wrong, chances are somebody will let you know. If you are right, you won't get any credit for it. Welcome to Usenet.

Reply to
Hax Planx

bronzzy said: I think some people got the wrong impression to my last message..... It also bothers me the fact that everyone seems to thing that I'm male and just trying to be cocky. I'm am not a male I'm a female.

Hmm -- I read most of the thread and couldn't see any inferences to your gender. Did I miss something?

bronzzy said: I'm in woodworking for the love of the trade. I'm not out to prove anything by offering my knowledge. I simply hope that by helping people I learn more about woodworking.

Excellent. You'll fit right in and welcome. Be forwarded though, sometimes you must have thick skin to put up with some of the replies. After awhile they become funny.

Reply to
Never Enough Money

Hi Bronzzy,

I haven't read you're initial post except for the first couple threads.

You can lurk & learn a lot. Add your 2 cents if you can help someone. When you are a senior, you may get a little respect - in three years...

Happy woodworking!

Lou

Reply to
loutent

Cockiness knows no gender.

Male or female, a little respect for the experience in here wouldn't hurt. If you have something to contribute, await your turn when a question is tabled for which you have an answer/suggestion. It is possible that you have a solution that none of the contributors in here have thought of. When that happens, we'll be all ears. Meanwhile, pull up a chair and start taking notes, Rookie.

Reply to
Robatoy

I know a guy that has been WWing for 1.5 yrs he started in a hand tool class and recently completed a class making a Maloof style rocking chair that is a really fine piece of furniture. I have 15+ WWing building cabinets, night tables, chairs etc.. I have never tackled something like a Maloof chair. I have recently added sharpening knowledge, planes, spokeshaves etc to my tool box This guy can has given me some tips on hand tool usage So ya never know what some what may have to offer Joey

Reply to
joey

bronzzy wrote: I think some people got the wrong impression to my last message.>snip Not all of us! But, I did ask you a question, and still hope for a reply. Tom

Reply to
tom

I'm not sure we all got the wrong impression...

Dave

br> I think some people got the wrong impression to my last message. I hope in

Reply to
David

Don't let it get to you, I was just jerking your chain. I am sure it is possible you may have something to offer, but as you hang around here you will find some of these guys have allot of talent, ability and knowledge. Many are just good ol' boys that live next door that think they know something about wood dorking, I belong in the second group! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Bronnzy, although some here (including myself) may have assumed your were male, I don't think any of us believe that your gender makes any difference. You may have noticed that participating in these newsgroups sometimes requires a thick skin. Don't let it bother you. If you want to help, just jump in where you can. There's room for everyone.

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike

Welcome to the zoo/ semi-wild wild west/ Usenet and specifically to The Wreck. Quite a collection of woodworkers here with quite a range of knowledge, skills and abilities and most very willing to share what they've learned - for free (which is what I like about the Net.) If you have an answer/solution to a problem/ question someone asks - answer away. And if you have a question ask away - and ignore the flipant (sp?) responses - everyone has a bad day once in a while and yes there are the rare PITA - so please don't take it personally.

Some of the most informative threads began with a good question.

Anway- welcome.

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

I wouldn't worry about it. They were just screwing around with you (your message). It's what most of us (guys admittedly) like to do.

Reply to
Upscale

"bronzzy" wrote

I've found that the best way to learn something is to teach it.

Jeff G

Reply to
Jeff Gorman

Just about sums it up, doesn't it?

You'll find a lot of people here who read (or don't) the messenger rather than the message. Don't let 'em get to you.

You'll also find some woodworkers here who will give your question a read because they believe you want to learn something. Once they've taken the time to reply, don't imply that they've wasted their time.

Reply to
George

Welcome

How ever I think you may have gotten the wrong impression of us. Some of us here are the best you can get and many of us are beginners like you.

Reply to
Leon

not a problem... I think that you saw an example of the humorus/smart ass replies that we know and love here.. *g*

Beside, I used to chat with a lady that went by "Bronzzy", so I like ya already.. lol

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Yeah take everything with a grain of salt and a good laugh. You'll learn to love the trolls!

Hmm I'll give you one better, College kid with knowledge and heart.... Don't waste anytime here, unless you need help. Don't waste your time helping anyone here, we're all beyond any help or hope.

I'll suggest this.......... Contact Habitats for Humanity and volunteer your ass off. I've learned everything from ground up, from gutting to ripping plumbing to electrical and had a young woman even show me how to build a rock wall.... I've got to work with some of the wealthiest, finest Americans (some who actually are really stupid and arrogant) But we all put in to make someone's life better!

Reply to
My M-14