Delta Planer Depth Scale

I have a 13" Delta planner, and I've recently noticed that the depth scale is off by almost 1/4". I've loosened the screws and moved the clear plastic scale as far as I can, and it's still way off. I have to admit that I really haven't used the scale all that much, but I do know that when the planer was new (maybe 3 years ago) the scale was accurate. I don't know when or how the scale got so far off.

I've looked through the manual and there isn't any information on adjusting the scale, beyond sliding the clear window. Any ideas on what may have caused this, and more importantly, how to fix it?

Reply to
Mike

Delta a call.

Reply to
Limp Arbor

Ignore the scale. Use your calipers, just as you have been.

Reply to
scritch

Here's a site where you can order parts and download schematics and zoom in.. tape is part 241..

it were me, I'd pull off the side cover and take a look at what's going on there..

Reply to
Jim Hall

Well, you said yourself that you didn't use it much - more of a reference point, as I do, I would imagine. You already know how far off it is so just keep it at that easy -to-remember fraction. If it really bothers you that much you make a slot of the mounting holes to give you greater adjustability. Of course, there's the risk of there not being enough room on one end of the gauge. But, even if you can only get enough room for the head of the screw to hold the gauge down it should work. Maybe a little

*blue* Loc-tite bihind the gauge and on the screw threads will keep the machine vibration from loosening them. HTH - Chuck
Reply to
C & E

Not trying to be a wise ass here but did you move the scale in the correct direction? On some things you have to adjust backwards to normal thinking.

OR could the blades have slipped out of adjustment?

Reply to
Leon