debating a find

I found a stanley 45 circa 1915-1920 complete with 21 cutters card board box and only used a couple times and I'm debating what it might be worth

Any ideas?

Reply to
william kossack

I have the David E. Heckel book all about Stanley 45's, into which he put 16 years of research.

I looked up your year quote and that is a type 12 set up for those exact years. The values are as follows:

| type | plane only | cutter's in | complete 50% | complete 75% | complete 90% | complete 95% | | | | box only | condition no | condition no | condition no | condition with* | | | | | box | box | box | box | | 12 | $50 | $100-$150 | $150 | $200 | $250 | $325 |

Looks like your description is of the highest value one. What's their price on it? Or, what did you pay?

Alex

Reply to
AAvK

Reply to
Mapdude

Not being able to resist I puchased it for $250. My wife and I were wandering a antique store when I cam upon a collection of tools. I had to look closely to see only a few scratches on the slides showing that someone had tried to use it but not very much. It even has the manual with a copyright of 1913. The cardboard box has some wear and one of the corners is loose and I'm debating putting some tape on it but the cutters are in their original boxes.

I have another that I found a month ago circa 1895 with all the cutters in their box and in the original chestnut box. The lid of the wood box was replaced with a wood cigar box top. It is only missing the screwdriver and the funny half circle guide and the manual. The plane was used some but shows only a little rust. It has the original rosewood handles and slide. It caught my eye at a small antique show and I purchased it for $150.

My wife likes to have some>>I found a stanley 45 circa 1915-1920 complete with 21 cutters card board

90% | complete 95% |

| condition no | condition with* |

box | box | box

| $250 | $325 |