I think this is a gloat...

I just won an eBay auction for a Stanley #45 plane, complete with the original box and about 15 cutters. The plane looks in really good shape...well, heck, here's the link to the auction:

what I could tell, #45's run significantly higher than this, so I'm thinking it's a gloat. Am I right, or wrong?

Jim

Reply to
PC Gameplayer

It's definitely not the original box. Don't see the short rods, the slitting cutter or the D-Cam.

Still, not a bad deal. The seller was a bit confused however, as one doesn't typically use this beast for dado's.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

To the gloat purists, this is not a gloat. By their definition, you have to come across a deal that is not readily available to anyone else (like the guy who helped himself to the walnut in his neighbor's garage). This is, however, a neener. All that really matters is that you're happy.

todd

Reply to
todd

The last one I saw which had all the cutters and a box but not great looking - the price was a firm $450 and no bickering. So I guess you have a gloat there.

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.

Hey Vato, you went and bought an ice skate!

Reply to
juan fandango

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey

I picked up a #45 at the Austin City Garage Sale a few years ago - with 20 cutters in their box, missing the short rods and the cam foot, for about $100 US. After cleaning it up and sharpening the cutters it's been sitting on a shelf since. One of these days, when I can find some nice uniform grained stock to play with ...

I've seen new versions, from Record, I think that runs $600+.

So $67 ain't a bad deal at all. Congrats - you suck!

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b