Garage sale gloat and lumber auction alert

Got a Jet DC650 duct collector for $50. Funny that I have to spend more than that on better filter bags.

Not my auction but I saw this and you COloradans might want to take a look.

Plywood lot

8/4 lot (if it was cherry I wouldn't tell you about it)

Charles Dumont

do you want to advertise this if it isn't your auction? If I was bidding on this, I'd be highly pissed at you for spreading it around.

Jon E

Reply to
Jon Endres, PE

> Why do you want to advertise this if it isn't your auction? If I was

Me, too. I don't think too many people have heard of eBay yet, so it's probably a big secret right now. Duh.

todd

Reply to
todd

I suppose if you've spent every damn day of your damn life under a damn rock you've never heard of the damn thing.

I mean, damn!

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

We're going to have to wean you off these Texican threads.

Yeah, I went lookin', nuttin' better to do and all - I thought it had somthun' to do with TGD. Been very quiet on that front, maybe Nutscrape 7.1 does have an effective twit filter after all ...

Greg

Reply to
Groggy

Since when has it been a problem to pass around bargain auctions in here? There is no obligation to keep a sale secret. Why would there be? The buyers will pay market price, if not more. It's Ebay. Buyers have no particular hold on us in Usenet.

Reply to
edfan

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 12:47:34 GMT, "Groggy" pixelated:

I went looking, too, since I missed the original post. Cute. Evidently the scrubbers are now turned off. The "s" word and the "d" word showed right up. Screw the censors, anyway. I'd much rather have my police chasing carjackers and murders than wasting their time on nabbing all those dangerous Hustler mag salespersons, knowwhatImean,Vern?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Simple. If I was a seller, I'd want my auction well advertised. As a potential buyer, I want it kept quiet. That auction went from probably one or two interested people to half a hundred or more in the space of a couple hours. Now there's little or no chance of getting a bargain.

Jon Endres, PE

This is a pickup only auction. So not many people can bid, get it? If you're in Colorado you get a deal and I wanted to help out my fellow woodworkers in Colorado. Take the ebonized maple pole out of your ass.

Reply to
Charles Dumont

: Since when has it been a problem to pass around bargain auctions in : here? There is no obligation to keep a sale secret. Why would there : be? The buyers will pay market price, if not more. It's Ebay. Buyers : have no particular hold on us in Usenet.

There are, quite literally, many thousands of tools and lumber sets sold on Ebay every week. Should some kind soul put up a post for every single one of them?

This isn't the Ebay advertising division. Keep it that way.

-- Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss

Sam Krenov. Any relation?

Reply to
Charles Dumont

Your last name's Dumont so I don't think so. ;^)

Reply to
Sam Krenov