Cherry Window Trim (w/pics)

Hello everyone,

I am in the trim stage of making my 1970's house look like it was built 100 years ago.

Here is a pic of my first trimmed out window,

a shot of the detail,

ceiling in the bathroom is very low, in the rest of the house the board between the top fillet and the top trim will be 4" and not 3/4"

I started with rough sawn boards and milled everything myself.

One window down, dozens of windows and doors to do....

Thank you for looking,

David.

Every Neighbourhood has one, in Mine I'm Him

Reply to
David F. Eisan

Nice work, Dave. Looks great. (It helps that you're using my absolute favourite wood and finish.)

Reply to
Robatoy

Not too bad for a first try - wanna practice on my windows before you do the rest? :-)

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Very nice David, the only problem I see is painting that wall another color if you ever decide to do so. LOL.

Reply to
Leon

Very, very nice!

Do you need to seal the cherry some how or do you just leave it and let it age gracefully?

Chris

Reply to
Chris

...nice work indeed! The real problem is not in the woodwork, but how it lays against the ceiling. I run into this kind of thing, in the micro, when running crown and the best fix is to float the ceiling in to the trimwork...that gets costly, so I usually end up caulking it all in, then the *painting* becomes the problem (as it always is...how many times have I heard a painter say, "...it's OK, we'll make it look good!" ...and usually *I'm* the painter, LOL). Yours looks to be gapping a little much for caulk, though...

cg

Reply to
Charlie Groh

/Dana Carvey as Bush Sr.

Nat gonna dooit

/end voice

I don't see myself ever painting this place again. I will be fine as fashions change. :)

David.

Reply to
David F. Eisan

The trim is just fitted in place for now, it will be finished. I will be testing some finishes in the next few days. As the late Paul Rad. would say, practice on some scrap, or you are practicing on your project.

David.

Reply to
David F. Eisan

I hear yuh.

Reply to
Leon

Beautiful work. Making your own moldings always ends up looking better than store bought. Do you glue the corners of the crown or tack them in place? They are perfect.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Pinned with my new Grex 23g 2" pinner and glued.

David.

Reply to
David F. Eisan