RE: A Sign Of The Times-Maybe

The largest Lamborghini dealer in the country, located in Santa Ana (Orange County), CA, has closed it's doors.

The sold about 10% of the 2,400 unit annual production.

With a price structure of about $600K/unit, you would think they were immune from swings in the economy.

Maybe yes, maybe no.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

The Murcielago tops out at $ 350,000. The Reveton is sold out forever, and the Audi powered Gallardo can be had for $225,000 fully loaded. So of which Lambo doth thou speaketh? I think the problem is that, with the exception of the Gallardo, Lambos are just bad cars. Cute, but unreliable. I guess the market is also limited by the fact that you have to pay $

650.00 to get a Lamborghini logo on your headrest.

Around here, the cops will give you a ticket just for being a pompous ass if you own one of those cars..

Reply to
Robatoy

I'd say yes. I've postponed buying one. They are not all that good in snow anyway so I'll review my decision in spring 2009.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Put on some snow chains. Sure, they're a little noisy at 155 mph, but, hey...

Reply to
Robatoy

The Murcielago tops out at $ 350,000. The Reveton is sold out forever, and the Audi powered Gallardo can be had for $225,000 fully loaded. So of which Lambo doth thou speaketh?

When It comes to cars, I'm clueless.

As far as I'm concerned they are all a POS you get in at the dealer and drive by some path to the junk yard, where you get a ride back to the dealer for the next one.

As far as the $600K number, that was the number reported by the local media, but there are enough pro sports and Hollywood types to support any price.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Forgot to ask, how difficult to drop say $250K on a sound system for one of these little beauties?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

$ 250 K for audio? Can't imagine that. Where would you put it?

Reply to
Robatoy

$ 250 K for audio? Can't imagine that. Where would you put it?

I wouldn't.

You'll have to ask the pro athletes or Hollywood types.

But, when you are 20 years old, earning $15-$20 million/year. you find ways of spending some of it.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Maybe many purchasers of those cars in that area also go overboard decorating their cars with a lot of bling. A few diamond studded steering wheels could significantly increase prices.

Reply to
Upscale

I thought about buying one, but not for long.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote

I've decided to wait until after the IPO of my self-aligning prayer rug.

Reply to
Swingman

Perhaps an automatic steel flap which covers your butt whilst in the prone prayer position? That's just in case a neocon walks by?

ooops, I was going to discard that last sentence, but I had already hit the send button.

Reply to
Robatoy

It took me a while to learn to not buy American cars also.

Which is why you have to verify everything that you read or hear that comes from the media. The left media reports what "they" want you to hear. They are the "New Lawyer"

Reply to
Leon

Bryan and I almost picked one up at the local dealer last Saturday, seriously. We walked up on the lot to look at a Lotus that he has spotted from the feeder road and there in the middle of the paver stone display area in the used car parking lot sat a Lambo. Engine running, not a person in site, door ajar. It would have been a matter of getting in and driving off. LOL. It was probably the cheap one on the lot, it was surrounded by Masaratti's, Bentleys, and a friggen Smart car. I guess the Smart car was the bait. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

All just imitation penises for the people who don't have the balls to ride a motorcycle.

Reply to
J. Clarke

a friend of mine is in the exotic car leasing business. average lease is $180k. says he's having the best year ever.

Reply to
charlie

Survival of the fittest. Those with unsound business practices, those that did not prepare for a rainy day will probably see problems.

Reply to
Leon

Have you put in the automatic declination adjustment, or is that an upgrade?

Regards,

Tom Watson

Tom Watson

Reply to
Robatoy

Shit, the EMP from the attack from Fuckistan would take that out in a heartbeat.

Then wouldn't the Dervishes be whirling.

Regards,

Tom Watson

Tom Watson