Blew Out/Burnt Up My Miter Saw - Suggestions Wanted

In article <vigo7cpgd63diqftfah1bq6mj4eipraf54@

So what? The objective is not to get the Kapex, the objective is to get SWMBO to sign off on the Bosch.
On Monday, January 16, 2017 at 12:11:07 AM UTC-5, J. Clarke wrote:

But what if she says "Go ahead...get the Kapex." ;-)
On 1/16/2017 9:08 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I would say get the Kapex! and maybe.....
http://festoolusa.com/power-tool-accessories/miter-saws/kapex-ug-mobile-miter-station-with-cart-and-extensions-497354
Now you are up to $2400. Do you have a dust extractor? LOL
On 1/16/2017 9:08 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Did you ever put your hands on the Bosch saw that you are buying?
The articulating slide is ULTRA smooth compared to any of the regular cylindrical rail slides.
On Monday, January 16, 2017 at 10:53:38 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

No. Lowes carries them for the same price but according to the customer service rep that I chatted with "Due to the popularity of this item, it is only available on-line." 1/27 would be the earliest I could get it.
The Amazon Bosch is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Of course, today is the day I have off from work. All could do today is put the Delta out in the shed in anticipation of the delivery. Right now I'm taking a lunch break beforeI go back out and finish taking down the Christmas lights.
29° here. You?
On 1/16/2017 11:08 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

79 degrees F. Last weekend 8 days ago 19 degrees.

Do you mind keeping the warmth down there? I'm trying to enjoy winter, and can't with this half-hearted cool junk we're getting with 30-40F and rain.
20F highs, 10F lows, just about perfect! It's not too cold, but not too warm. The ground freezes, we get snow instead of freezing rain, and life is so much better.
Puckdropper
On 16 Jan 2017 22:55:38 GMT, Puckdropper

We're trying. You can keep that white crap (1/4" of ice last weekend).
snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote in

I'd love to! But you'll have a hard time selling me 1/4" of ice instead of 3" of snow!
I'd rather have the snow. At least you can push it out of the way. Ice can only be removed by salt or heat.
Puckdropper
On 17 Jan 2017 02:02:20 GMT, Puckdropper

Well, either has to wait for heat here. There's nothing to push with and the only salt, around, is in shakers. After the 2012 "Snowmageddon", the DOT did get some brine trucks but they're used only on the Interstates and a few state highways.
On Monday, January 16, 2017 at 9:26:58 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote:

...and how long do you have to wait for that heat? Hours...maybe a day?
On Mon, 16 Jan 2017 18:31:23 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

In 2012? Three days. We were without power for 30hrs. All for 2" of snow (in our area). I understand 2010 was much worse.
Last weekend? 12 hours. We got lucky. The rain had all but stopped before it got cold.
On 17 Jan 2017 02:02:20 GMT, Puckdropper

Have about a 60 foot limb off one of the oaks laying on the house cause of ice. Dented the gutter, increased squirrel traffic on the roof but no major holes.
Calling the tree guy tomorrow.
On Monday, January 16, 2017 at 10:53:38 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

Yep, she's pretty smooth!
The saw arrived today. It sure is a lot more saw than the old Delta.
It needs a little fine tuning which I hope to get to over the next day or so. I'll keep you guys informed.
On Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 9:22:50 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

The Amazon price went up $50 yesterday or today. Good thing I ordered it when I did.

I noticed at Lowe's the DW735 kept getting cheaper and cheaper and then I bought one. The next week, the price went up!
I figure they lowered it until they sold one, then started all over again.
Puckdropper
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 12:48:05 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com wrote:

Lowes still has the Bosch for $549, at least for the time being. Earliest availability is 2/1.
On 1/18/2017 12:48 AM, Puckdropper wrote:

They must be using the same pricing model as the airlines. If they have a lot of activity looking at a particular flight the price can go up.
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 9:32:42 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

...and now it's back down to $549.
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
On 1/21/2017 10:28 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Every time I looked at Amazon it has been as low as $549.
So have you got any comments about the saw yet.