Makita miter saw value

Friend has an older Makita 10" miter chop saw. Not compound, not sliding. Model is 2400B if that means anything to anyone. Says he'd be happy to sell it to me but he has no idea of the value.

New Makita compound miter saws are going for $200, but despite the extra feature I'm guessing they're not the same quality as this older saw. Nothing on eBay right now for comparison, not even completed listings.

I'm thinking I'd be happy at $100, squeamish but satisfied at $150. What say y'all?

Reply to
Smitty Two

Thanks to all respondents. The deal is done at $100.

Reply to
Smitty Two

I would have check the price of one at the pawn shop. The pawn shop is a great place to access the value of a used product.

Reply to
Airport Shuttle

Well, the tradesmen won't use them after they die, either. ;-)

That's because I've been cornering the market on power tools. ;-)

I think it's more like your tradesmen argument above. DIYers aren't going to give up their tools voluntarily either. Any that I've seen in such sales are junk. The ones that aren't are going for top- dollar.

Reply to
keith

Reply to
Steve B

If it was a kid, it would be graduating college right now. They were discontinued in 1985. $50.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I have found very good deals on higher quality power tools with small but critical damage - requiring replacement of $8 parts. Non functional as sold - pick them up for $20, order in the replacement part - half an hour of fix-it time and I have a like-new $200+ tool.

Reply to
clare

I bought one in early heighty was worth $1300!!!! Even if you pay your friend $500. Youre not going wrong, youll never find s omething like this.?

Reply to
danieldadian

replying to Smitty Two, SpecialK wrote: I have one for $35 . works great ! .

Reply to
SpecialK