Delta 36-412 or 36-422L Miter Saw Recall

Just a heads-up, if you have a Delta 36-412 or 36-422L miter saw, they've issued a replacement recall due to a potentially serious design flaw.

You can exchange it for a free Dewalt CMS.

Details in this PDF...

Reply to
-MIKE-

No kidding, exchange a Delta for a DeWalt? I guess Delta no longer makes miter saws...

I have an old Delta, I'll have to check the model. It has a TERRIBLE blade guard that I probably broke and repaired with JM Weld 3~4 times.

Missed it.... Mine is a 36-230.

Reply to
Leon

You'd get a DeWalt DWS780 double bevel sliding CMS! I found out about it because I'm looking for a part for my Delta 36-322. Just about every part is the same as the 422, so it makes me worry a bit.

That Dewalt is a nice freakin saw... would've been nice. Love my Delta, though.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Guessing you mean JB Weld? Man - I've never had any luck with that stuff. Everyone I know who's used it loves the stuff, so I must just be jinxed when it comes to using it.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Yeah! JB!

Reply to
Leon

looks a little old make sure dewalt does not give you one of their CMS that was also recalled

Reply to
Electric Comet

You obviously studied reading comprehension at the same time as punctuation. Congratulations on becoming our latest troll.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Hey I just noticed the recall. Is it still valid? It's been a great Saw but if there is a flaw I would love to get an upgrade

Reply to
tylerbutters94

Contact Delta.

Reply to
Leon

Yes:

Spalted Walt
34-412 miter box delta is recall still in affect
Reply to
Dr wood