For the vets out there

So you want to shop at the PX online are not retired or disabled.

Good news

So I guess word of mouth is best advertising.

Reply to
Markem

Interesting. I'll have to keep an eye on that. Thanks!

When I was in the USCG I spent a couple of years, on and off, stationed at USCG Training Center Governors Island, NY. I grew up in NYC (Queens) and at the time my parents and 3 siblings still lived there. Every Thursday night I would take the subway home, pick up my Mom's car and head back to base. On Friday I'd go to the exchange and pick up the groceries for the week. There would often be a stop at the base liquor store too. My dad worked for the USDA and my mom was a teacher's aide. We were far from wealthy and the cheaper groceries really helped.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to check it out. I didn't see that it said anything about local shopping, but online and beating taxes too could be a big plus.

Reply to
OFWW

.....for the military exchanges, which the change is for. It's not to do vets any favors.

Q. Can I still buy Ray-Ban Air Force sunglasses (straight temples and G7 lenses) fer $7USD? ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob