Blame it on Leon....

Actually in 1974, when I was still barely a teenager I designed and built an apparatus much like the SawBuck, I had never seen a SawBuck up to that point. I was unaware of them until I was shopping for my first CMS, that was around the time that PC introduced the first laser miter saw. I was trying to make a table to guide my circular saw over the work to cut accurate 90's and miters much like a RAS.

Reply to
Leon

to UV damage and rot. I like the fine grain of the wood you selected for y our top; it must have been a very old log.

Yes, the wood is old. Some of it had been hand hewn beams, then resawn fo r the floor joist use. That trestle board/cross piece has the hewn marks o n one side. On the other side, the resawn side, I tried to mimick the hewi ng marks with a hatchet.

I've taken good care of my sawbuck... and most of my other tools, also. I find it's a good saw and accurate for most small cuttings. For this sort o f large/thich cutting, I just take my time with the cut. Since I've owned the saw, I've had to tweak/adjusted the alignment only once and changed the brushes once. I bought it new 2-17-92.

Thanks again. Sometimes I get lucky with my workmanship, too.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny