hf wood glue

it is actually more than titebond but no doubt it will be on sale some day

anyone tried this glue is it any good

only see 8oz bottles

Reply to
Electric Comet

Why? You need to glue the shift button back on yer keyboard? I'd recommend a two-part epoxy.

nb

Reply to
notbob

Electric Comet wrote in news:ncmje4$9k1$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

No, I haven't tried it, and I'm not going to. WHO CARES if it's any good? You already said it's more expensive than Titebond, which you already know is a perfectly fine wood glue, and you can get it at Lowe's, Home Depot, Menards, Woodcraft, Rockler, ACE, TruValu, DoItBest, Walmart, Target, Meijer, etc.

So why would you consider, even for a moment, paying *more* money for something of unknown or questionable quality?

Reply to
Doug Miller

So why would you consider replying to EC's useless posts?

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote in news:XQWHy.162139$ snipped-for-privacy@fx34.iad:

In the hope that he can be trained to think before posting.

Reply to
Doug Miller

when you think hf you should think sale and or coupon they do that

so you do not know about this glue

Reply to
Electric Comet

Electric Comet wrote in news:ncrpu7$7mt$2@dont- email.me:

Irrelevant. Just use Titebond. You know what you're getting.

I know that, considering where it comes from, it's vanishingly unlikely to be *better* than Titebond.

I also know that I can buy a pint of Titebond II at any home center for less than six bucks.

So I'm not interested in the HF glue, no matter how cheap it is. Look, if you want to try it, go ahead, it's your project. I'm going to stay with something that's tried and true, with a generations-long record of proven success at an eminently affordable price.

Reply to
Doug Miller

all good points but i still like to hear what people think and better if they have first hand experience

how secret can glue formulas be

it is interesting that they only sell 8 oz sizes as if they are just sort of floating the idea before they go whole hog into making their own glue

this glue has the hf label and i did not know there was an hf label

buying hf is infrequent so i know little about them

Reply to
Electric Comet

Electric Comet wrote in news:ncub73$ftf$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

I don't actually believe that you're here to learn anything. I think you're here because you like to "hear yourself talk".

I'm done playing that game.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Or maybe aby one that uses a lot of glue is not going to buy that stuff.

Reply to
Leon

Almost everything at HF is for people who aren't going to do a lot of stuff. That's said, I like buying their gloves. Almost the same thing is 5x as much at Lowes or HD. When I decide to throw a pair away, I don't have to think twice! ;) Reminds me, my wife bought me a rose bush to plant this week.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Actually, it's 1/2 the price of Titebond III at HD, Rockler, Woodcraft.

Since it claimed to be waterproof, I used it (along w/brads) on several carpenter bee traps a couple of years ago, all joints appear to still be holding. They've caught a LOT of capenter bees!

Just noticed " titebond-iii " in the HF URL:

Trademark infringement? ;-)

Reply to
Spalted Walt

It would have been nice if Comet had provided a link so we could all be sure we're looking at the same stuff.

Looking on the Harbor Freight site I find .

Note--the link is not to Titebond III.

The stuff at the link they claim is acrylic based. I don't know of any other acrylic based wood glue that is being marketed to consumers-- Titebond has one (Titebond 231) but it only comes in gallons or larger and seems to be aimed at a specific market niche.

If the Harbor Freight glue is really an acrylic it might be worth checking out just to see if it brings anything new to the party.

Reply to
J. Clarke

yes titebond iii is the expensive one in the line it gives more setup time but is not meet the more strict testing reqs if i recall correct

does hf give you similar long setup time like titebond iii

good to know

that is interesting and is probably for search engines

Reply to
Electric Comet

I couldn't say, I bought it on a whim ONLY because I was in a HF, it was CHEAP and claimed to be waterproof w/easy clean up.

It's a huge FAIL if it was intended for Google search hits.

Could it be that HF wood glue and Titebond III are one in the same?

in the HF URL: " titebond-iii-ultimate-wood-glue "

Titebond's site:

Spalted Walt

Why plant it? Just get some HF glue and glue it to the side of the house. We'll find out if it is waterproof that way.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Be sure to measure the "setup time" to see how it compares w/TB III.

^@^

Reply to
Spalted Walt

does it really dry clear as advertised

none of the titebond i have used dried clear so just for that it might be good to have some on hand

seems so

perhaps titebond licensed the product to hf but only if they do not use titebond in the label

but there may be no preclusion of using it in a url to the product but see above because titebond iii did not dry clear iirc

Reply to
Electric Comet

Can't answer that, my joinery is laser thin & tight. Invisible glue lines - it's how I roll.

Reply to
Spalted Walt