Subject Author Posted Replies

anyone ever operated one of these
this is a real interesting piece of hardware and it has a long history curious if anyone here has run one of these straitoplane beasts 36" x 6" Capacity 50HP Top Head Motor 40HP Bottom Head Motor 5HP...

Rail & Stile for outdoor use?
All, I have been asked to make a wood planter out of cedar. The plans call for using the legs as styles, a top and bottom rail are connected to the legs (stiles) using pocket screws. The 1-in. cedar...
5
5

CPSC Proposes New Safety Rule for Tablesaws
The proposed rule requires that new saws automatically stop the blade to prevent injury.
142
142

burls for sale
i have couple burls i need to sell if anyone is looking for some burls
8
8

Sears, Craftsman, Stanley, and China
I came upon a bit of information today that sheds a good bit of light on the Sears and Craftsman situation. The whole article is about a lawsuit between Sears and "One World Technologies", which is...
35
35

What is It?
Seems, I've seen a similar tool on Rob's "What Is It" threads. Anyone know what this is and its function? Sonny https://lafayette.craigslist.org/tls/6138203891.html
10
10

Utility drawers
My drawers are going to be 8 1/2" H x 32" D x 34"W. What material would be best for the sides , front and back? Should I use 3/4 plywood for the bottom. The drawers are not going to be used for gold...
9
9

A couple of comments on Ridgid tools
... ... outlines all the conditions, etc., pretty succinctly. It appears HD is high-enough volume and has a sweetheart arrangement to give them a competitive edge in lieu of the exclusive distribution...
42
42

Masters of the Craft - Hank Gilpin
Exploring the American Forest "no wood is bad wood"
2
2

DW713 Accessories
It would appear that the DW7082 and DW7084 would work IF your saw has the required holes for mounting as shown in the parts breakout. Why not call or contact Dewalt for the definitive answer, pointing...
5
5

OT: Toilet question
A couple of years ago, I replaced the toilet valve and observed that it did not operate at all, if I opened the water supply line valve (at the wall) much more than say a turn and a half. I have since...
7
7

knife scales
knife handle pieces are called knife scales anyone out there made knife handles two schools of thought on it one gets the scale very close to the final size of the handle part of the knife blank then...
5
5

Another solution to a non problem
And how does "clampgage" prevent overclamping anyway? Put a clampgage in a 50-ton press and you've still got 50 tons of pressure.
18
18

Re: crosscuting rabbits
it's messy. really messy. freeze the rabbit first

holy crap, high end furniture assembled with nails everywhere.
and let her know what it's really worth.
24
24