DW713 Accessories

I have a DeWalt DW713 Type 2 miter saw. The manual, pages 3&4, says it can use the DW7082 clamp and DW7084 crown stop. But the lists of saws that can use the DW7082/4 don't include the DW713.

Can those items be used with the DW713?

The manual is available by clicking an icon here:

Bob Penoyer

It would appear that the DW7082 and DW7084 would work IF your saw has the required holes for mounting as shown in the parts breakout.

Why not call or contact Dewalt for the definitive answer, pointing out the confusion caused by saying that it will work in one publication and omitting it in another?

That way if they tell you it will work and doesn't the return should be simple and "on them."

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

The simple answer, you are looking at an old list that the clamps will fit. Your saw was probably not in production yet when the clamp fit last was made.

Reply to
Leon

Agree. I have two different models of the venerable 713. One is a year ol d, the other is over 20. They are slightly different saws, tweaks being ma de over the life of the saw model. I think that when I bought mine 20+ yea rs ago, that model of 713 had been on the market a few years.

Note too, that the last link you posted with the manual's pdf, it says in R ED letters there is more than on model of that saw. DeWalt can tell you wh at version you have, and then what will work.

Call 'em!

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

For anyone interested in using these accessories with the DW713, I have them now and they work just fine. The set screw for the crown stop on the left side contacts the wrench that is stowed in the body of the saw, so the wrench needs to be removed when using the crown stops.

Reply to
Bob Penoyer

Good to know, thanks!

Reply to