burls for sale

i have couple burls i need to sell if anyone is looking for some burls

Reply to
michaelstrong

Hm.. Assuming the lake superior region of northern wisconsin, one might assume that such burls are softwood; or perhaps Birch or Beech.

Can you post the exact species of burl?

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Scott, if you're in Wisconsin, your Craigslist has several offerings.

Those listings are of pretty big burls. I don't readily see that large of burls, here in Louisiana, nor that many. About the only burled wood I see is rootball stock.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Sonny, I was just pointing out that the OP didn't provide sufficient information in his posting, and given he was posting from the Superior school district, was curious what type of burls he'd find that far north.

I've already procured a few Redwood burl slabs. One coffee-table sized that I need to find something to do with.

Ha, you must see different output from that query than I - of the first seven, three are for finished furniture, one for cork flooring, one for a record collection and one add for Broadway automotive. Only one lists burls, and it had no pictures.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Yeah, I thought so, too. Since I don't see too much burl, here, either when out in the field or advertised, I was curious about further north.

Hey, show us some pics. I always like to see everyone's work.

Apparently I did. Paging down on my viewing, there are 8 pictured listings, but not in the immediate Greenbay area. I did a general search, not just a Greenbay area search. I thought that link would show what I saw.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

I don't have pics of the slabs handy, but here's what my Father build as christmas presents for the kids (three of them, two shown, all made from a single walnut tree that used to be next to the house).

He also did the den with the cool ceiling (the center has an old rose window).

(loads slowly).

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

That is beautiful work, Scott. Where in WI are you located? We are in Milwaukee area.

Reply to
Gramps' shop

Yes. Not just the clocks, but the interior work, as well.

Thanks for the pics. Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

I'll pass that along to my Dad, thanks.

While I grew up in the Eau Claire area, and lived in Sun Prairie for a few years, I'm out on the west coast now. My folks still spend part of the year (summer) in western Wisconsin, just north of Prairie du Chien at this cabin: which has a great view of Lake Winneshiek.

I remember going to the Safe House[*] in Milwaukee in the 70's, and saw a couple of Packer and Brewer games at County stadium in the day (my Dad has some 8mm film of a Braves game that he attended when Hank was batting).

[*]
Scott Lurndal