Latest threads in Windowsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

andersen tilt window is tilted and strings are sticking out. can't tilt back up.
I am cleaning my Andersen windows. I know that after tilting the window in, you must push it down before pushing it back up. The top half did not stay up before cleaning. It would slip part way down...
1
1

All of my 20 year plus Anderson windows are difficult to open and close. My new
All of my 20 year plus Anderson windows are difficult to open and won't close close enough to latch them. A few years ago my neighbor had a handy man out and he forced water somehow through the bottom...
1
1

I am looking at replacing all my windows. I have talked to Lowe's and Champion.
There is of course a huge difference between the two. Both seem to be of vinyl construction with the Champion being the more solid. My question is about the Low E/Argon Gas, is that really efficient...
1
1

Double glazing, had it exploded?
No prior warning, heard an explosive sound and glass shot through the air at an incredible speed. No bird marks, no bricks etc. Very quiet area, mainly walkers, joggers, mountain bikers. [IMG] [IMG]
1
1

How can I get shades for my Pella windows between the glass style?
I have Pella Windows at my home in Wyoming. I have called the sales office twice to ask for a quote to get the shades for our home. Salesman never available they take my cell but never call back. Do I...
1
1

lock woods windows and doors spair parts
windows requires a new opener, [ the unit is broken ,inside].the handle just keep turning.. requires new parts .. is there a dealer in Canada [Halifax nova scotia]
1
1

cost to install high impact windows
No further details provided

i need a window molding to go with a 618 floor molding. What should I use?
I thought a 623 would go with the 618 - same profile, different height. Installer tells me 623 is baseboard and it looks funny being used as a casing. What's my alternative?
1
1

do they make a bay window 36x36 is the opening for the kitchen
No further details provided
1
1

Are Plantation Shutters the Right Choice for Your Windows?
I am planning to rent my granny flat?I was wondering on window shutters material?
1
1

Double hung vinyl window hard to raise
No further details provided
1
1

Is it worthwhile to replace the glass of 20yr vinyl windows that have lost their seal? The frames appear to be in good shape
No further details provided
1
1

nailing schedule around retrofit windows?
No further details provided
1
1

window sash broken
On a double hung window (the kind you can tilt out and clean), our lower sash (glass is approx. 27x28) is smashed. I don't want to replace it, since it's between the living room and enclosed porch. We...
1
1

mold on bottom of wood windows how do i fix ?
I have pella wood windows crank out type, they are only 9 yr old. they get moisture around bottom,in winter ice, and they get mold or dark buildup in this area how or can this problem be fixed?
1
1