Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Adam has been busy?
(about the Wadsworth constant) Lifehacker is the ultimate authority on optimizing every aspect of your life. Do everything better.
2
2

Bathroom floor
Our current floor is tongue and groove but with significant gaps and the boards are slightly convex. SWMBO would like something better than the existing carpet tiles but I realise I need to overboard...
10
10

Dodgy plug
STWNFI has what I believe is called a "Mother and Child" reading light. She recently complained that it was messing about, going off with no warning and not dimming properly. I assumed the dimmers...
6
6

OT: odd web page behaviour
In all web browsers, loads ok and in most web browsers all the links work ok. Except in Firefox on Win10, none of the links work. As you hover the mouse over any link the mouse icon changes in the...
19
19

Pan Tiles
Many years ago I had the roof on my rear addition replaced as some of the tiles were broken, and not possible to get replacements easily. So I kept the old good ones as spares for the main roof. Which...
10
10

Re: canbus
It's worked well on my last two cars. Only two I've had with it. If only they could make rain sensing wipers that work properly. ;-)
31
31

Glow worm ultimate 40ff no lights at pcb
My glow worm ultimate 40ff stopped working this morning. There are no lights illuminated at the pcb! I thumped the bottom of the pcb and it fired up but only worked for about 20 mins. Now wont work at...
2
2

Computer controlled wood engraving advice sought
I want to get set up to do some small scale mass production involving engraving of letters and simple 2D graphic emblems. I had hope to pick the brains of a local business (Maklab) who provided...
18
18

Phone based SatNavs, redux.
To all those arguing that phone based satnavs were as good as dedicated ones, because you can always download the maps onto the phone in order to avoid network charges and/or lack of data connections;...
24
24

combi boiler
does anybody make a gadget that keeps the pressure up in a combi?
15
15

Electric Heating for a house
I have a friend who has asked me advice on his heating. The house has no ga s, and has a mixture of storage heating and a wood burner back boiler drivi ng some radiators for the rooms that don't have...
28
28

Exeter couple finally ditch 1950s appliances
As subject. A tumble dryer, boiler, cooker and washing machine are all still in working order.
17
17

Google is too clever
All I said to my phone was "Navigate to ******** swimming pool. It then tells me that I last visited the place twelve months ago. Not bad going for a place that I only visit once a year to do an EICR.
31
31

Estimated cost for replacing private sewage treatment plant
It was discovered last week that the private sewage treatment plant servicing 40 dwellings has collapsed, needing complete replacement. At an emergency meeting this came as a great shock to most...
48
48

Screw spacing for plywood overboarding
I have now reached to point of laying 12mm plywood over the underfloor heating grooved chipboard. Any suggestions for suitable screw spacing?
8
8