OT car wash picture

I noticed this car wash while I was on the 25 bus going down bow road when the tube strike was on. (took picture a few days later)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/whiskydave/44510735704/
On 11/10/2018 12:10, whisky-dave wrote:

Sorry it means nothing to me.
On Thursday, 11 October 2018 12:16:58 UTC+1, Broadback wrote:

Bollocks to you too then... the bollocks car wash ? Maybe you have to be an eastender to get it.
I know there is a drink in Japan called Bugga. Brian
--
----- --

On 11/10/2018 13:09, whisky-dave wrote:

Nope. Perfectly clear to a Mancunian.
SteveW
On Thursday, 11 October 2018 21:06:37 UTC+1, Steve Walker wrote:

Well done, the Italian girl got it and she was blonde !, the german girl got it even the two from staffordshire got it, even a bloody Frenchman got it. It seems one of the few that didn't get it also gets confused at polling stations when asked whether they want to leave or remain. I know a song about that. Should I stay or should I go by the clash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN1WwnEDWAM

On 12/10/2018 11:38, whisky-dave wrote:

Did they get the place name reference? I'd never heard of Bow Locks, and, without that, you're only getting half the gag.
--
Max Demian

On Friday, 12 October 2018 12:11:41 UTC+1, Max Demian wrote:

ad when the tube strike was on. (took picture a few days later)

l got it even the two from staffordshire got it, even a bloody Frenchman go t it.

Well we've all drank in the pub called the Camden Lock and we used to hang around camden lock mostly on sundays so they do know what a lock is or can be. I aslo said I saw this while on a 25 bus traveling down bow road during the central line tube strike.

You;d be suprised out how many people are amused by the word bollocks. I explained this to one of my italian students, he's a muscian and was play ing something on his instrument, and someone clapped and he said falicimo o r magnafico in italian and I said it's the dogs bollocks, he though I was b eing insulting by calling it bollocks so I had to explain what the term the dogs bollocks actually means as in the best or most 'important' part a dog has. And he left that lab knowing a new expression... that;s what education is a ll about :-)
On Fri, 12 Oct 2018 12:11:33 +0100, Max Demian

Of course they didn't, but don't we all just smile and nod when some nutter on a bus comes up with such crazy / childish things. ;-)
Cheers, T i m
On Friday, 12 October 2018 18:37:31 UTC+1, T i m wrote:

Isn't that british humour, sometimes british humour needs explaining other times it doesn't. It's only being educated about such things that make it funny and this includes langauge and grammer. A friend of mine on facebook has advertised that he'll be doing some performance art in a local carpark..... I couldn't help but enquire Dogging ? Seems some found it funny but I'm betting others who thought what's funny about walking your dog in a car park.

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 12:16:54 +0100, Broadback

Probably because you aren't 8 years old ...
Cheers, T i m
On Thursday, 11 October 2018 13:27:26 UTC+1, T i m wrote:

when the tube strike was on. (took picture a few days later)

I doubt those under 8 would, but an italian girl I was out with last night said that's funny you should put it on facebook which I did at about 11pm, are you suggesting that foreigners have a childish sense of humour, or the 50 year-old from up north thought it amusing too, as did the German girl wh o's over for a few days but then again she has previously lived in the UK f or 15 years, she's a lecturer in langauges at a German university.
Less to me! Brian
--
----- --

wisky-dave voice:
'what, nob end locks carwarsh ... that's not_funny / hilarious ...' (who knows to him)?
As my old Mum used to say when one of us got the giggles ... 'You would laugh to see a puddi'n roll ... ' (but I'm not sure we would, even when we were 8 years old).
Cheers, T i m
On Thursday, 11 October 2018 15:44:29 UTC+1, T i m wrote:

hen the tube strike was on. (took picture a few days later)

I know, you don't.
As I said I found it amusing, party for the fact that they must have known what they were doing and I'd rather see a name like that than Best car wash or cheapest car wash, which is the types of names for such places I see mo re locally to me, and it was an actually panner not just a few sheets of pa per stuck together, so I wondered if the printing it found it amusing.

Maybe it was beyond you, people with assburgers or have OCD don't always ge t humour.
I'm not sure that not finding things funny is a sign of inteligence.
but which side of the brain do you laugh on or is it at.

On 11/10/2018 14:47, Graham. wrote:

Actually very interesting. Tide mills were once pretty important sources of energy, requiring some skill, judgement, anticipation, and (sometimes) courage.

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 04:10:39 -0700, whisky-dave wrote:

Obviously installed by Pimlico Plumbers.