OT car wash picture

I noticed this car wash while I was on the 25 bus going down bow road when the tube strike was on. (took picture a few days later)

whisky-dave

Sorry it means nothing to me.

Reply to
Broadback

Bollocks to you too then... the bollocks car wash ? Maybe you have to be an eastender to get it.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Probably because you aren't 8 years old ...

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

A lesson in comedy for you.

Not funny

Very funny

HTH.

Reply to
Graham.

when the tube strike was on. (took picture a few days later)

I doubt those under 8 would, but an italian girl I was out with last night said that's funny you should put it on facebook which I did at about 11pm, are you suggesting that foreigners have a childish sense of humour, or the

50 year-old from up north thought it amusing too, as did the German girl wh o's over for a few days but then again she has previously lived in the UK f or 15 years, she's a lecturer in langauges at a German university.
Reply to
whisky-dave

wisky-dave voice:

'what, nob end locks carwarsh ... that's not_funny / hilarious ...' (who knows to him)?

As my old Mum used to say when one of us got the giggles ... 'You would laugh to see a puddi'n roll ... ' (but I'm not sure we would, even when we were 8 years old).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Actually very interesting. Tide mills were once pretty important sources of energy, requiring some skill, judgement, anticipation, and (sometimes) courage.

Reply to
newshound

Less to me! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I know there is a drink in Japan called Bugga. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

hen the tube strike was on. (took picture a few days later)

I know, you don't.

As I said I found it amusing, party for the fact that they must have known what they were doing and I'd rather see a name like that than Best car wash or cheapest car wash, which is the types of names for such places I see mo re locally to me, and it was an actually panner not just a few sheets of pa per stuck together, so I wondered if the printing it found it amusing.

Maybe it was beyond you, people with assburgers or have OCD don't always ge t humour.

I'm not sure that not finding things funny is a sign of inteligence.

but which side of the brain do you laugh on or is it at.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Nope. Perfectly clear to a Mancunian.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Obviously installed by Pimlico Plumbers.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Well done, the Italian girl got it and she was blonde !, the german girl got it even the two from staffordshire got it, even a bloody Frenchman got it. It seems one of the few that didn't get it also gets confused at polling stations when asked whether they want to leave or remain. I know a song about that. Should I stay or should I go by the clash

whisky-dave

Did they get the place name reference? I'd never heard of Bow Locks, and, without that, you're only getting half the gag.

Reply to
Max Demian

ad when the tube strike was on. (took picture a few days later)

l got it even the two from staffordshire got it, even a bloody Frenchman go t it.

Well we've all drank in the pub called the Camden Lock and we used to hang around camden lock mostly on sundays so they do know what a lock is or can be. I aslo said I saw this while on a 25 bus traveling down bow road during the central line tube strike.

You;d be suprised out how many people are amused by the word bollocks. I explained this to one of my italian students, he's a muscian and was play ing something on his instrument, and someone clapped and he said falicimo o r magnafico in italian and I said it's the dogs bollocks, he though I was b eing insulting by calling it bollocks so I had to explain what the term the dogs bollocks actually means as in the best or most 'important' part a dog has. And he left that lab knowing a new expression... that;s what education is a ll about :-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

Of course they didn't, but don't we all just smile and nod when some nutter on a bus comes up with such crazy / childish things. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Isn't that british humour, sometimes british humour needs explaining other times it doesn't. It's only being educated about such things that make it funny and this includes langauge and grammer. A friend of mine on facebook has advertised that he'll be doing some performance art in a local carpark..... I couldn't help but enquire Dogging ? Seems some found it funny but I'm betting others who thought what's funny about walking your dog in a car park.

Reply to
whisky-dave