car wash brush

Hi I have a car wash brush made by Hozelock which uses liquid shampoo in the brush. I have not used it for a while and now I cannot remember what car shampoo to use. I got some from Kleeneze a while back but it is too thin and only lasts a little while. If I remember correctly the original shampoo I got lasted long enough to wash the whole car. Any suggestions.

No job so car wash is not an option. Thanks Tricia

Reply to
Tricia

"Any suggestions."

Yes. Have you tried a google search for hozelock car shampoo or soap sticks ?

Have you asked the retailer of your hozelock brush ?

Better still, buy a cheap plastic bucket - =A31.50 and some car shampoo from a motor factor - cost varies. Hose or rinse excess dirt from car, dilute shampoo to recommended solution, use hozelock brush to apply, then rinse off. Drying with chamois or 'terry' nappy is optional but leaves a streak free finish.

Cheers

KG

Reply to
keng

In article , keng writes

And leaving micro scratches in the paint work

Reply to
zaax

"And leaving micro scratches in the paint work"

So, whats your suggestion then ? Leave it dirty, don't wash it, in case it gets micro scratches ?

I would imagine that the original poster has more on his/ her mind than the unavoidable "micro scratches" which being micro in the first place, not many people are going to notice.

AND I prepare my cars for sale using this method

AND I've never had too many sitting around because of micro scratches. Grow up or don't bother posting sh*te.

KG

Reply to
keng

I won't use a car wash because the auto types scratch the paint. The DIY ones are as much effort as doing it at home - if you have access to a hose. IMHO, don't bother with a brush and detergent pellet. Soak the car with the hose then use a bucket and sponge using car shampoo from the likes of Halfords - buying it by the 5 litre container makes it pretty cheap. Rinse with the hose, then leather off.

If you don't like getting your hands wet - or can only use cold water for the bucket - use decent rubber gloves.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I prefer the brush and soap pellet. Less work than the bucket and sponge. But then mains pressure hot water is useful for this...

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle