Pressure Washer

My dad's pressure washer has finally dies after 12 years, a Karcher.
Can anyone recommend a really good one, up to aprox Ł200 that would live a while, used once a week, and is powerful, to do car and patio etc
Thanks in advance
Add pictures here
✖

Won't your dad now the difference if you bought another type? ;-)
Another Karcher otherwise it'll cost you well more for an industrial jobby.
Add pictures here
✖

Aldi sell one around this time of year: around 75 quids. I bought one last year --- it knocks the socks off my previous cheap job from B&Q (which just conked out after about a year.
I'm pretty much sure that it's an "unbranded" Karcher: just have a look at the two, and decide for yourself.
Mind - I don't use mine once a week, and I curse my neighbours who do: yet another noise in the neighbourhood. I swear it takes one of my neighbours an hour and more to clean his car, with his damn' PW buzzing away incessantly, while I do my car in 10 minutes, with my rainwater, shampoo and (above all) the magic car-wash brush.
Anyway: look at the Aldi one (or LIDL -- they're brothers apparently). Not a Karcher, but *definitely* not crap.
hth John
Add pictures here
✖

I think you are confusing two things: 1. Aldi and Lidl have very similar business models - pile it high and sell it cheap ( - don't stock named brands - only stock one brand of each commodity - stock a wide range of different items *but not all at the same time* - sell from medium size, in town, shops (oh, and they are both German)
2. Aldi was controlled by two brothers (they have since retired), and is run as two companies (Aldi Nord/Aldi Markt and Aldi Süd) operating in different areas. Fortunately, Britain gets Aldi Süd (a friend from Hamburg says Aldi Nord is not as good).
Add pictures here
✖

It is usually Lavor that Lidl sell. I bought one a couple of years ago for Ł90 with the following spec: 2550 Watt 160 Bar 530 L / Hr 10m hose http://www.lavorwash.it/CategoryEn.aspx?CID
Certainly served me well except the hose splitting but Lavor sent a replacement no questions answered.
To the OP have a look at this Power Washer FAQ http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/electrical/pressure_washer_faq.htm
Add pictures here
✖

Is it worth using a Power Washer for a car? Can't it do more harm than good (as well as being an extra bit of kit to get out).
Add pictures here
✖

As long as you don't put the nozzle too close to the car it is fine. I like it for under the wheel arches.
Steven.
Add pictures here
✖

Hmm
That depends how clean your water supply is
Have you ever seen the effects of aquablasting on aluminium.
-
Add pictures here
✖
Is it worth using a Power Washer for a car?
Yes,really gets that road shit off the wheel arches and anywhere else thats impossible to get a rag.
Can't it do more harm than good
Urban myth.
(as well as being an extra bit of kit to get out).
Lazyness is the next step to becoming a couch potatoe
Add pictures here
✖
George wrote:

I like your last comment. A bucket (or several) of water and lightly applied elbow grease is the best way to go as far as I'm concerned. No noise pollution, no electrickery used and no paint lifted. Apply as needed - suggested frequencies -once a month in winter and in summer no more frequent than bi-monthly - though does depend upon your mileage!
Add pictures here
✖
Clot wrote:

I have not found it effective in removing shit from wheel arches and lichen from around window frames. Or in panel lines. Here a pressure washer used judiciously works far better.
Otherwise I agree.
Add pictures here
✖
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Wheel arches - a hose once a year. Plantlife - unless I go back to the days of Minis where moss used to grow in the window tracks, had not been a problem until recently.I bought my wife a new little toy car - the last of the 206ccs - and we kept her previous 4 door as a pool car and particular her use if transporting more than one passenger or elderlies about. It has little use and recently begun developing a green tint. T'was the very devil to remove! You've reminded me that I meant to remove the rear light clusters to remove the residual bit. Thanks.
Add pictures here
✖
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

A drop of bleach.
--
Paul Matthews
snipped-for-privacy@cattytown.me.uk
Paul Matthews wrote:

..failed to remove it.
Next?
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 00:21:31 GMT, Clot wrote:

Blimy that's a bit keen. Ours get washed once a year when the salt season has finished in early May. Mine also get an int/ext clean when it goes in for a service about every 8 months, the dealer does as routine. The lights and number plates get a wipe over if they start to get obscured but generally speaking the rain and spray keeps them clean enough most of the year.
Can't see the point it in the religious car washing on a Sunday, drive to town and back (5 miles) and it'll be mucky again...
--
Cheers
Dave.

Add pictures here
✖

Father-in-law took the coach stripes off his car by being over enthusiastic with a pressure washer.
Add pictures here
✖
mike wrote:

Quite. Strenuous and or frequent cleaning is not advised!
Add pictures here
✖
wrote in message

Anything of a non sound adhesion will come off the car. :-)
You can actually cut your self with the jet of water from a jet washer. Damn wish I could get the paint of the back of the house walls with the power washer...someone just slapped it on and it looks bloody awful.
Add pictures here
✖
wrote in message

That's not surprising considering special jet washers are used to cut masonry etc.
Steven.
Add pictures here
✖
Steven Campbell wrote: