Decent but cheap pressure washer?

Looking for a replacement for my Karcher all-singing pressure washer, but looking for something cheaper as I don't need most of the attachments and gimmicks. It's just for cleaning patio, car, paths etc., I only really used the 2 lances that came with it. Something with a detergent capability would be good.

Anyone have any positive experiences with something suitable?

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

would be good.

Define "cheaper". Kärcher washers are as low as £70 ish on Amazon.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Define "decent" and I think you will find they are mutually exclusive.

Reply to
bert

I start going blind after trying to find places to buy these things. I read the reviews and they're no help; one person says it's difficult to put it together out of the box and the pressure is too low, the next person says it was easy to put together and the pressure was better than expected.

I wanted it by the weekend, so I popped into B&Q on my way home and bought the "Karcher K2 Home and Car Pressure Washer" which seems very similar to the one I had, that sadly died. It comes with "home and car attachments" so I might as well try them out.

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

On Wednesday 22 May 2013 17:11 Mentalguy2k8 wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Induction motor.

After that, it's a little harder...

Reply to
Tim Watts

A year or two ago got one of these (or very, very similar):

Perfectly acceptable for my uses. Neither phenomenally good, nor bad. I like that it is not particularly noisy.

The patio head works quite well.

Reply to
polygonum

Lots of info here

Induction motor.

Machine Mart are worth a look.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In message , Mentalguy2k8 writes

I see Halfrauds do their own brand now.

Reply to
bert

would be good.

Had an email promo from ebuy this morning advertising a Karcher at £60 in fact (less 5% quidco):

Lobster