Reccommend a cheap pressure washer

Hi, I want to buy a pressure washer just for cleaning my paving slabs once or twice a year. I don't want to spend a lot of money and was looking at one of these

PRESSURE+WASHER.htmWill this be powerful enough or should I buy a more powerful model second-hand? Thanks, John

Reply to
jgkgolf

PRESSURE+WASHER.htm> Will this be powerful enough or should I buy a more powerful model

This may help your decision making:

one linked a tad on the small size really. It will do the job, but take a long time.

If your main task is patio slabs, also have a look at the Karcher T-Racer add on. Makes the job much faster and less messy. Needs a bit more oomph to drive it though.

Reply to
John Rumm

PRESSURE+WASHER.htm> Will this be powerful enough or should I buy a more powerful model

The K2 series has a universal motor, operational life around 10 working hours. !00 bar is OK , 330 litres an hour is simply pathetic. 3m hose is all but useless.

Better off going to your local hire shop twice a year.

Hire a Karcher HD series, a Gerni 200 series or an Alto.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I usually find the minimum cost of hiring anything is =A330 or =A340 so in a year or two I'd have over a hundred pounds spent.

Can I buy anything fairly decent in the =A3100 range that might last more than a couple of years?

Reply to
jgkgolf

This would be a good start

motor, just over 6 litres/min flow rate, 6M hose.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The one thing I don't like about that one is the detergent bottle tank is not attached to the washer. Moving the washer will be a PITA and it's also asking to be knocked over...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

PRESSURE+WASHER.htm> Will this be powerful enough or should I buy a more powerful model

Elbow grease, yard broom and some domestos? Good exercise!

Reply to
Clot

And will probably do a more even job that a pressure washer, though thos= e

1' dia rotating head things maybe more even than just the lance. Look fo= r the Karcher K299, that quite often comes as complete kit with a car brus= h, patio head and normal lance for less than =A3100 maybe even down to =A38=
  1. The patio brush retails at about =A330 on it's own...

The detergent bottle is also mounted on the unit rather than freestandin= g where it is asking to be knocked over and being a PITA when you need to =

move the machine and/or having the pickup hose dragging in dirty water..= .

Reply to
Dave Liquorice