My new sds drill

of lovelyly ness. Nes its a cheap one, which will be used once in a while. Yes its heavy. Yes its weirdly coloured lol. BUT its does the job. Made putting up a sat dish yesterday a doddle.

Quite chuffed with it. Normally I spent a stupid amount of money on tools but with trying to save money I found this and its good. Can't complain. Almost effortless drilling. The last time I put up a dish using the old bosh hammer action I sweated to death and was crackered after. Using this I could become a professional installer. So gets my vote if anyonecares :)

Now what else can I drill *evil laughter*

Reply to
Peter smith

Can have pretty satisfying day with an SDS , circular saw and angle grinder. Just need to make something with all the rubble now ... ;-)

Adam

Reply to
AA

In article , Peter smith wrote:

£40 of lovelyly ness. Nes its a cheap one, which will be used once in a

Think the CPC one I posted about the other day would be a better bet for DIY at the same price. Heavy ones are a PITA if chasing walls, etc.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Fancy bumping into you in here :)

Was this the one

Peter smith

Peter smith expressed precisely :

the difference between that and this..

£10.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Oh I get around...

it's only a guess.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

> and the difference between that and this..

> is £10.

worth £10 more for 1200w

Reply to
munki

As I said before, it depends on the use. Lots of these powerful cheapies are very heavy. Not a problem for breaking up concrete paths - but a real PITA (arm) if used for chasing walls.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Aye and an SDS doesn't need a lot of grunt.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yes. Mine is the small DeWalt - only 550 watts input or so - and I've never found it lacking in grunt. Of course if you were breaking up a thick concrete slab you might want something more powerful - but how often do you need this compared to the normal DIY tasks?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)