Coving: how to join two pieces invisibly?

Hello,

I am redecorating and the wall length is about 5 metres. There is coving and there is an obvious join in the middle, where two pieces have been butted together.

If I take down the old coving and replace it, how can I ensure that I do not do the same? Is there a clever technique for joining coving invisibly?

I was hoping to use the plasterboard type of coving as I don't think the polystyrene is very pretty.

Thanks, Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen

Use an internal mitre on one side of the join and an external mitre the other, like this |-----/ /-----| then coat up the joint with the adhesive or a joint cement or filler. Once dry you may need another coat of filler or joint cement and then either go over it with a damp sponge whilst not quite dry or lightly sand once dry. Franko.

Reply to
Franko

The paper covered polystyrene type is fine and a lot easier to use than plaster coving. I just use plenty of adhesive to give some wiggle room to line the edges up. A bit of filler and a few coats of emulsion and the joins are invisible to the casual observer.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q