Coving cracks

Whats the best way to hide the cracks where the Coving joins together? I haven't tried it yet but do you think thin sellotape over the join then painting over it will work or is there a better idea that anyone knows of?

Reply to
Fred

If it's plaster use Polyfilla or decorators caulking. Sellotape will peel off either as soon as you put paint on it or a year or so later when it goes dry and brittle. If you've got polystyrene coving I would use a flexible sealant although when I put some up in my first house I just used Polyfilla and it didn't show too much.

Reply to
malc

dig the joint out a little first into a 'v'. I use the end of a stanley knife blade and sand down the rough edge of the paper covering. Then fill, it wont be seen if you take care.

I wouldn't use caulk in this situation, just personal preference.

HTH

John

Reply to
John